Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Basic Scalextric Tuning on the Jadlam Blog
#5

The final quintet of articles have been posted over the past five months - finishing today. Here they are...

  • Scalextric Tuning 6: Fixing Understeer - click here
  • Scalextric Tuning 7: Body Float - click here
  • Scalextric Tuning 8: Using Upgrade Parts - click here
  • Scalextric Tuning 9: Removing the Magnet - click here
  • Scalextric Tuning 10: Developing a Race Car - click here
I've really enjoyed putting this series together and I've become pretty fond of the Mustang GT4. It has done a lot of laps at home, but is yet to race in anger on a big WHO/digital track.

   

Of course, there's plenty I haven't covered - but then there's a lot of great (and not so great) information out there. The main thing I wanted to do was give Scalextric home racers some confidence to start improving their cars - and understand why they were doing each step as part of a tuning process. It's more problem-solving than a prescriptive list - and you might argue an average Scalextric car has a lot of problems to solve...

It's not the only thing I've written for the Jadlam blog. I'm also more than half way through a five-part look at 'performance slot cars' - NSR, Slot.it and Policar' - aimed squarely at Scalextric racers (see here). There are also regular reviews, previews, ARC racing formats and other stuff. I have a post published on the Jadlam blog most Fridays - you can find them all here: blog.jadlamracingmodels.com
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Basic Scalextric Tuning on the Jadlam Blog - by woodcote - 24th-Dec-20, 12:55 PM
RE: Basic Scalextric Tuning on the Jadlam Blog - by Gpa113 - 24th-Dec-20, 02:51 PM
RE: Basic Scalextric Tuning on the Jadlam Blog - by JasonB - 24th-Dec-20, 06:25 PM
RE: Basic Scalextric Tuning on the Jadlam Blog - by KensRedZed - 25th-Dec-20, 01:32 PM
RE: Basic Scalextric Tuning on the Jadlam Blog - by woodcote - 13th-Aug-21, 09:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BAracer
3rd-Jan-22, 05:02 PM
Last Post by tatter06
26th-Nov-21, 09:19 PM
Last Post by Savage GT
9th-Sep-21, 07:37 AM
Last Post by woodcote
9th-Jul-20, 07:37 AM
Last Post by BAracer
1st-Feb-20, 10:41 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)