Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Basic Home Controller
#4

When I started club racing about 7 years ago I bought a basic Parma 25 ohm. After a while I upgraded to the better Parma 25 ohm with a metal frame and it definitely improved my driving and speed. I also had to buy a second lower ohm Parma to use with my Vintage cars (Cox, Monogram etc and Dynamic chassis with 26D motors) as they were undriveable with a 25 ohm

 I eventually bit the bullet and bought an adjustable controller and it was a revelation. No more struggling to control 30,000 rpm modern motors with a controller that felt like an on/off switch. Just twiddle the knobs and it makes pretty much anything driveable. I chose a controller which could handle the higher power of vintage motors as well and gone are the days of pulling the trigger halfway before anything happens and then finding it all happens in one go.

 AS CMOTD said a couple of resistor controllers will cost about the same as a basic adjustable controller and the adjustable will give a far better driving experience once you have set it up for each car. I look back at the money I spent and wish I had gone for an adjustable from the start.
[+] 3 members Like autoavia's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Basic Home Controller - by BAracer - 6th-Apr-21, 09:19 AM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by woodcote - 6th-Apr-21, 10:16 AM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by CMOTD - 6th-Apr-21, 11:12 AM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by autoavia - 7th-Apr-21, 10:15 AM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by Gordon Steadman - 7th-Apr-21, 01:19 PM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by BAracer - 7th-Apr-21, 01:58 PM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by autoavia - 7th-Apr-21, 02:22 PM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by BAracer - 7th-Apr-21, 02:38 PM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by woodcote - 7th-Apr-21, 03:50 PM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by CMOTD - 7th-Apr-21, 05:41 PM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by BAracer - 1st-May-21, 05:06 PM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by woodcote - 1st-May-21, 05:34 PM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by Qman - 1st-May-21, 06:57 PM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by BAracer - 1st-May-21, 09:07 PM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by Nonfractal - 2nd-May-21, 05:26 AM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by BAracer - 2nd-May-21, 07:47 AM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by Top Down - 2nd-May-21, 09:03 AM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by CMOTD - 16th-May-21, 12:22 PM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by BAracer - 16th-May-21, 12:43 PM
RE: Basic Home Controller - by BAracer - 16th-May-21, 03:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Ninco2000
24th-Mar-25, 05:48 PM
Last Post by Henk
18th-Sep-24, 12:43 PM
Last Post by BAracer
28th-Jan-24, 08:39 AM
Last Post by Gpa113
2nd-Jul-23, 08:33 PM
Last Post by Kevan
18th-Feb-23, 01:44 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)