Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge
#35

So...

I've got some bad news, some good news, and some bad news!

Having got a working set up, I thought I would test my old SCP-2 handle in the arrangement to see if it was actually working. I substituted it in the set up. Switched on. Green trigger light came on. I pulled the trigger...a short ascending whistle noise and the light went out. Nothing.

So I reverted back to the new SCP-2 handle that worked 5 minutes ago. Nothing.

At first I thought I had blown up the metal cartridge, but a quick check with my new multimeter showed that I had killed the power supply...0 volts.

So...

Bad news: I have burnt out a second power supply
Good news: I now know that it is the original SCP handle that is the cause of the problem
Bad news: In all my fiddling, I have obviously damaged the electronics within my original SCP handle. What chance is there of ever getting that repaired???

So on the hunt for another power supply, as I don't feel I can return this one as faulty goods!

P.S On the whole, I'm happy.

I love puttering with gears
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 17th-Jan-21, 02:10 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by Nonfractal - 17th-Jan-21, 04:33 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 17th-Jan-21, 05:46 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by Nonfractal - 17th-Jan-21, 05:58 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by MrFlippant - 20th-Feb-21, 06:14 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by mikefi - 21st-Feb-21, 12:33 AM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by MSM - 21st-Feb-21, 02:11 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by slotloco - 22nd-Feb-21, 08:06 AM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 22nd-Feb-21, 01:48 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 26th-Feb-21, 02:20 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by Nonfractal - 26th-Feb-21, 02:30 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 7th-Mar-21, 04:56 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by DPJ - 7th-Mar-21, 06:05 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 7th-Mar-21, 07:13 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by DPJ - 7th-Mar-21, 07:51 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 7th-Mar-21, 08:54 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 9th-Mar-21, 02:36 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 11th-Mar-21, 03:35 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by Nonfractal - 11th-Mar-21, 08:14 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 11th-Mar-21, 08:50 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by DPJ - 12th-Mar-21, 03:14 AM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 12th-Mar-21, 07:57 AM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by turbo d - 12th-Mar-21, 11:05 AM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 12th-Mar-21, 11:23 AM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by Nonfractal - 12th-Mar-21, 11:38 AM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 12th-Mar-21, 11:54 AM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by Nonfractal - 13th-Mar-21, 07:31 AM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 13th-Mar-21, 08:06 AM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by DPJ - 13th-Mar-21, 07:04 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 13th-Mar-21, 07:19 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 16th-Mar-21, 01:05 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 16th-Mar-21, 01:09 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 16th-Mar-21, 01:31 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by Nonfractal - 16th-Mar-21, 01:58 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 16th-Mar-21, 02:58 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by DPJ - 17th-Mar-21, 04:20 AM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 26th-Mar-21, 06:52 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by KensRedZed - 28th-Mar-21, 04:23 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 28th-Mar-21, 04:38 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by KensRedZed - 28th-Mar-21, 04:56 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 28th-Mar-21, 05:24 PM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by KensRedZed - 29th-Mar-21, 02:44 AM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by BAracer - 29th-Mar-21, 06:57 AM
RE: Slot.it High Current Analogue Cartridge - by KensRedZed - 29th-Mar-21, 01:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
18th-Feb-23, 01:44 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)