Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

rally track grave yard ?
#7

(14th-Mar-21, 08:02 PM)woodcote Wrote:  Some of the Wye Valley ones are one this thread... and collected into this image we shared on the SlotRacer Facebook page...



They certainly do get used. Rockingham have a track in their club complex. And don't forget Hub's amazing layouts - plus others in the Show us your tracks section. I'm sure these are just some of the many scenic rally layouts in people's homes. I've seen quite a few being made during lockdown and shared on various Facebook groups (eg Scalextric Trackside NE).

Tracks that don't get used any more do tend to get chucked or repurposed. They are big old things to have laying around!

Qman - I don't remember any mention of the rally track when I raced at Roedale 10-12 years ago at their post-coal yard venue in Coldean. There was the club track and a "portable" exhibition layout. Sadly, Chris (Reg's son) passed away two years ago, but the club is still going strong - celebrating 55 years in 2020.

I was aware of Chris's sad passing, I'd known him since my first 'Open' in 1970 (which is when I first saw the rally track), I guess it was scrapped when the coalyard was sold, it was a big old track which included a suspension bridge that was actually suspended, I never saw it actually used but it was a beauty.
I last visited my friends at the club around 5 years ago but I'm still in contact with most of the guys.

Bernie, racing since 1969 Wavegreen
[+] 2 members Like Qman's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
rally track grave yard ? - by OXO cube - 13th-Mar-21, 06:55 PM
RE: rally track grave yard ? - by Scuderia_Turini - 14th-Mar-21, 01:05 PM
RE: rally track grave yard ? - by Qman - 14th-Mar-21, 02:02 PM
RE: rally track grave yard ? - by OXO cube - 14th-Mar-21, 04:55 PM
RE: rally track grave yard ? - by woodcote - 14th-Mar-21, 08:02 PM
RE: rally track grave yard ? - by Qman - 16th-Mar-21, 12:49 PM
RE: rally track grave yard ? - by Scuderia_Turini - 14th-Mar-21, 09:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Gpa113
19th-Nov-25, 03:06 PM
Last Post by KensRedZed
27th-Sep-24, 12:09 PM
Last Post by bowley
3rd-Jul-24, 05:20 PM
Last Post by bowley
3rd-Jul-24, 05:15 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)