13th-Mar-21, 11:58 PM
Yes, the same issue remains that there is play in the swinging arm, and the vertical height screw is also not centred.
I have (and use) an RSM-3 myself, but only for doing plastic wheels one at a time. Most guys in our club have one of RSM, Professor Motor, and the odd predecessor - the Tyre True in this vein. I don't think anyone in our mottley crew has a Tire Razor, as they were only imported briefly by a guy who didn't stay in the hobby long as a supplier.
Actually a couple of guys made their own lathes too.... not sure if they are still using them.
But going carefully one wheel at a time, guys in our club get their tyres as good as mine, and I have all the tools and (most of the) time in the book.
We also have a gun engineer in club, who also is good with CAD and has an Endor 5 pro. I think he is currently tossing up between 3D printing a Hudy lookalike that is available for download, or creating his own lathe from scratch.
I wonder if anyone here has printed up and is using any of these.
![[Image: 19e6c25f8c343710ddf8fb1d2baad87f_preview_featured.JPG]](https://cdn.thingiverse.com/renders/a1/d0/75/ce/5f/19e6c25f8c343710ddf8fb1d2baad87f_preview_featured.JPG)
![[Image: 03ded8b6d664ba14c3e553cbce0e4297_preview_featured.JPG]](https://cdn.thingiverse.com/renders/ed/7a/ca/09/9b/03ded8b6d664ba14c3e553cbce0e4297_preview_featured.JPG)
I have (and use) an RSM-3 myself, but only for doing plastic wheels one at a time. Most guys in our club have one of RSM, Professor Motor, and the odd predecessor - the Tyre True in this vein. I don't think anyone in our mottley crew has a Tire Razor, as they were only imported briefly by a guy who didn't stay in the hobby long as a supplier.
Actually a couple of guys made their own lathes too.... not sure if they are still using them.
But going carefully one wheel at a time, guys in our club get their tyres as good as mine, and I have all the tools and (most of the) time in the book.
We also have a gun engineer in club, who also is good with CAD and has an Endor 5 pro. I think he is currently tossing up between 3D printing a Hudy lookalike that is available for download, or creating his own lathe from scratch.
I wonder if anyone here has printed up and is using any of these.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)