7th-Mar-21, 06:05 PM
(7th-Mar-21, 04:56 PM)BARacer Wrote: So...STEP 1... What make of track?
I wired up the controller to a piece of track following the diagram supplied with the metal cartridge. I checked it three times.
(7th-Mar-21, 04:56 PM)BARacer Wrote: I switched the power supply on.STEP 2... Adjustable voltage power supply? Set to what Voltage?
(7th-Mar-21, 04:56 PM)BARacer Wrote: The green light on the controller came on.STEP 3... When you pulled the trigger all the way, did the LED glow Red? It should to signify reaching the end of the trigger throw.
And then things get a bit muddled...I am not sure which exact order the following things happened, but it was all within about a second.
I pulled the trigger
(7th-Mar-21, 04:56 PM)BARacer Wrote: I put a Scalextric car on the trackSTEP 4... Digital or Analog car? As soon as you put the car on the track? Without pressing any button or pulling the trigger on the handle?
The green light on the controller went out
(7th-Mar-21, 04:56 PM)BARacer Wrote: I think I heard a sizzle noiseIf you start from STEP 1 again, the green LED does not light? If True then the fuse in the Cartridge probably blew, or something else has fried.
Now the green light on the controller doesn't come on, and the car hasn't moved.
(7th-Mar-21, 04:56 PM)BARacer Wrote: Shall I just bite the bullet and get another handle so I can check if my current one is just duff, or are there any simple tests I can do with the current handle to see if it is faulty?
There are simple tests but you should write down what steps you are taking and only do one thing at a time to confirm operation. Without knowing which track you've wired up, I would start with making sure the wiring to/from the PS and track are correct. It sounds like you have 2 wires swapped.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)