23rd-Feb-21, 06:50 PM
Hi Bill.
Wow! There's a wee bit of homework! But I like it! Just what I needed to hear to rebuild these old cars.
The Aztec dragster was a bit of a strange purchase. I bought enough cars that the nice gentleman threw the Aztec body in for free.
I later came back and bought more cars. The gentleman had a kitchen table loaded with old T-jet parts and tattered partial chassis. I found one that had the right shape to fit, if I removed the front axle. It clearly was made for another 4-gear car. But seemed to have the right rear wheels and tires. So he gave me the old worn out 4-gear chassis, free.
I pulled the front axle out and stuck it in the dragster. Now to make it right. The crown gear already needs replacing. The rear axle could not be more corroded or rusty. It looks like it was sitting out in an unheated garage/storage. This chassis will require some TLC before it runs. Yes, a new 6-ohm armature is in order! Not a 3-ohm?
Thanks a million for the tips!
Wow! There's a wee bit of homework! But I like it! Just what I needed to hear to rebuild these old cars.
The Aztec dragster was a bit of a strange purchase. I bought enough cars that the nice gentleman threw the Aztec body in for free.
I later came back and bought more cars. The gentleman had a kitchen table loaded with old T-jet parts and tattered partial chassis. I found one that had the right shape to fit, if I removed the front axle. It clearly was made for another 4-gear car. But seemed to have the right rear wheels and tires. So he gave me the old worn out 4-gear chassis, free.
I pulled the front axle out and stuck it in the dragster. Now to make it right. The crown gear already needs replacing. The rear axle could not be more corroded or rusty. It looks like it was sitting out in an unheated garage/storage. This chassis will require some TLC before it runs. Yes, a new 6-ohm armature is in order! Not a 3-ohm?
Thanks a million for the tips!

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)