22nd-Feb-21, 08:06 AM
I have an old SCP-1 handle with the stock cartridge, and an SCP-2 with the high current cartridge.
Can't say I have noticed any difference in braking. - Both have "okay" brakes - but not as strong as the high end controllers with bigger diameter cable and a relay half way down the handle to deliver a dead short.
The SCP handles have a huge potential range of sensitivity, to handle most any kind of RTR motor. So I doubt you will ever find a motor/track option they cannot be dialed in for, with or without traction magnets.
I am not sure why Michael's club experienced problems with some standard cartridge controllers, as they handle up to 5 amp peak
(a 60 watts stall motor @ 12v - no RTR motor even gets close) and 3 amps continuous. I used mine when we were on a Ninco track, with 21K boxer motors in Ninco Moslers running with about 400-500gms downforce from 4 or 5 magnets, chassis 1mm off the rails, and never had a problem.
(That is "well YOU try and shake it loose then" territory) :) :)
(We saw the light after a couple of years and moved to wood, and stopped embedding cars in the walls, and taking guys eyes out.)
But there is little difference in cost, so why not go big hee hee
Can't say I have noticed any difference in braking. - Both have "okay" brakes - but not as strong as the high end controllers with bigger diameter cable and a relay half way down the handle to deliver a dead short.
The SCP handles have a huge potential range of sensitivity, to handle most any kind of RTR motor. So I doubt you will ever find a motor/track option they cannot be dialed in for, with or without traction magnets.
I am not sure why Michael's club experienced problems with some standard cartridge controllers, as they handle up to 5 amp peak
(a 60 watts stall motor @ 12v - no RTR motor even gets close) and 3 amps continuous. I used mine when we were on a Ninco track, with 21K boxer motors in Ninco Moslers running with about 400-500gms downforce from 4 or 5 magnets, chassis 1mm off the rails, and never had a problem.
(That is "well YOU try and shake it loose then" territory) :) :)
(We saw the light after a couple of years and moved to wood, and stopped embedding cars in the walls, and taking guys eyes out.)
But there is little difference in cost, so why not go big hee hee

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)