Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Lotus 30
#1

Some people say the Lotus 30 is similar to the Lotus 40, but with 10-less mistakes. The I-beam chassis was profitable from a marketing point of view. But a bit too flexible. Many well known drivers said it was a handlful of trouble to drive on the track.

The slot car however is another story. It has it's own challenges in being a really low and flat body.

   

A scratch-built aluminum chassis designed for a precision bearing fit.

   

I started out wanting to use a BWNC1 slow motor. This is a very old build with a few newbie mistakes. The Lotus curse still finds a way to live on through slot car builders.

   

I chose the wrong motor and didn't measure the clearance before making the chassis. I figured "I'll make it fit after"... NOT! That was the last time I didn't plan every step. There's no room for a driver. Oops.

   
   

The BWNC1 was removed, and a slim-line BWMS050 took its place.

   

Most of the body details are complete.

I saw a low budget Lotus-30 on the internet with twin carbs instead of the injectors. The same was created here.

A special firewall had to be made to hide part of the monster hole some dummy made while I wasn't looking.  Bigsmile

   

The driver went on a diet and lost some weight under his arm and torso.

   

A tonneau cover was added to futher hide the crater. I'm glad it came with the body kit. The driver has a convenient arm rest now. I would paint the motor black. But our rules say motor labels and ID must be readable.

   
   
   
   
   

Aluminum tubing made up the exhaust pipes.

   
   

Thank you very kindly for looking.

   
[+] 8 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Lotus 30 - by KensRedZed - 6th-Feb-21, 06:23 PM
RE: Lotus 30 - by Top Down - 6th-Feb-21, 06:47 PM
RE: Lotus 30 - by Model Murdering - 6th-Feb-21, 11:06 PM
RE: Lotus 30 - by KensRedZed - 7th-Feb-21, 12:39 AM
RE: Lotus 30 - by munter - 8th-Feb-21, 06:23 PM
RE: Lotus 30 - by KensRedZed - 8th-Feb-21, 09:01 PM
RE: Lotus 30 - by HWP - 9th-Feb-21, 04:39 PM
RE: Lotus 30 - by KensRedZed - 9th-Feb-21, 07:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by ARUP
15th-Feb-25, 01:18 PM
Last Post by CMOTD
18th-Feb-23, 02:33 PM
Last Post by Barc
3rd-Aug-22, 11:39 PM
Last Post by Barc
3rd-Aug-22, 11:28 PM
Last Post by Kevan
1st-Aug-22, 10:02 PM
Last Post by Barc
1st-Aug-22, 02:32 PM
Last Post by KensRedZed
11th-May-22, 04:42 PM
Last Post by Tibbs
11th-May-22, 01:04 PM
Last Post by Anthony B
8th-Oct-21, 12:10 PM
Last Post by Anthony B
7th-Feb-21, 05:52 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)