Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

controllers 101
#10

The other thing you should be aware of is that 1-0-1 is Dave Harvey's slot car business (now called won-o-won) and he will sell you any controller you want Bigsmile 

The issue with controllers really is a personal thing, as has already been described a basic '2 knob' controller will allow you to adjust the sensitivity (think ohmage) and brakes, remembering that it doesn't give you BETTER brakes, just allows you to REDUCE the amount of braking when you lift off.

I've now been racing for 52 years and progressed to an electronic controller in 1991 (I bought an ECE Rocket and converted it to electronic myself), it is a very basic electronic, 2 knob style, but I like to have full brakes on every car I drive, I can brake later into the corner, so I only use the sensitivty control and I adjust that to the car I'm driving at the time, I currently race hardbody but I have in the past raced full BSCRA (winning the Open Sports class with a 'strap' motor), I have never felt the need for a different controller, I have tried other ones and just dont like the 'feel', I am also a confirmed thumb merchant and despite many years of trying I cannot go as fast with my finger.
So as previously suggested wait until you can 'club race' again and ask to try as many different controllers as you can.
But just remember one thing, spending more money doesn't always make you faster.

Bernie, racing since 1969 Wavegreen
[+] 2 members Like Qman's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
controllers 101 - by OXO cube - 1st-Feb-21, 04:04 PM
RE: controllers 101 - by CMOTD - 1st-Feb-21, 04:07 PM
RE: controllers 101 - by OXO cube - 1st-Feb-21, 04:25 PM
RE: controllers 101 - by JasonB - 1st-Feb-21, 05:48 PM
RE: controllers 101 - by OXO cube - 1st-Feb-21, 06:32 PM
RE: controllers 101 - by Johnno - 8th-Jun-21, 10:38 PM
RE: controllers 101 - by JasonB - 1st-Feb-21, 06:53 PM
RE: controllers 101 - by woodcote - 1st-Feb-21, 08:13 PM
RE: controllers 101 - by OXO cube - 1st-Feb-21, 09:02 PM
RE: controllers 101 - by woodcote - 1st-Feb-21, 11:16 PM
RE: controllers 101 - by Qman - 2nd-Feb-21, 03:07 PM
RE: controllers 101 - by OXO cube - 2nd-Feb-21, 06:07 PM
RE: controllers 101 - by Scuderia_Turini - 2nd-Feb-21, 07:14 PM
RE: controllers 101 - by OXO cube - 2nd-Feb-21, 10:02 PM
RE: controllers 101 - by Nonfractal - 3rd-Feb-21, 05:38 AM
RE: controllers 101 - by OXO cube - 11th-Jun-21, 06:23 AM
RE: controllers 101 - by Savage GT - 3rd-Feb-21, 06:35 AM
RE: controllers 101 - by autoavia - 10th-Jun-21, 08:27 AM
RE: controllers 101 - by Johnno - 10th-Jun-21, 10:15 AM
RE: controllers 101 - by Fluff - 10th-Jun-21, 09:30 AM
RE: controllers 101 - by Qman - 10th-Jun-21, 02:11 PM
RE: controllers 101 - by Johnno - 10th-Jun-21, 10:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BAracer
29th-Nov-25, 05:46 PM
Last Post by Top Down
16th-Jun-24, 07:22 AM
Last Post by nkarres
1st-Feb-23, 03:46 AM
Last Post by Johnno
3rd-Jul-21, 01:57 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)