Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Slot-It tyres compound
#6

(27th-Dec-20, 08:53 PM)TRUCKER Wrote:  Thank you .... lately slot-it has changed the tires of the new models for precisely C series tires. The old models of slot-it do not have the same tires. I like these tires they offer a very good grip on my wood track, before I changed the tires to something else. Do you thing that slot-it tyres are as good as NSR and Sideways?

Trucker, what makes you think that tyres on your more recent cars are a different compound to tyres on your older cars?
Can you give an example of 2 car models (with the CAXXz codes) which seem to have different tyres
 As Alan says, C formulation has been the factory stock formulation for more than a decade.
I set up about 12 - 15 Slot.it cars each year, and I have not noticed any difference myself.
 - Not that I keep most of the original tyres on the rear myself, apart from Policar F1, but I do re-use some of them, and I still true a few up as well, so I think any change in formulation would also be obvious on the tyre lathes.

If you have a wood track, and keep it dust free, F22 or N22 are generally considered a better choice.
Do you glue and true?
Is it a gloss, a semi-gloss or a textured finish? 

N22 and N18 are very easy to true, F22 something of a pig.

But if you really like the C series, and are truing your tyres, also try some of the new G25 series. Once trued, they run surprisingly quiet for a mid A-shore tyre, and have good grip on semi-gloss and high gloss.

Of of course, you can try the NSR Supergrip and Ultragrip, or the Sideways Hi-Grip in 'medium' or 'soft' versions.
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Slot-It tyres compound - by TRUCKER - 27th-Dec-20, 05:27 PM
RE: Slot-It tyres compound - by Nonfractal - 27th-Dec-20, 08:16 PM
RE: Slot-It tyres compound - by TRUCKER - 27th-Dec-20, 08:53 PM
RE: Slot-It tyres compound - by slotloco - 29th-Dec-20, 05:46 PM
RE: Slot-It tyres compound - by BAracer - 27th-Dec-20, 09:13 PM
RE: Slot-It tyres compound - by TRUCKER - 27th-Dec-20, 11:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Gpa113
19th-Nov-25, 03:13 PM
Last Post by Gpa113
19th-Nov-25, 03:06 PM
Last Post by Brumos RSR
8th-Nov-23, 09:36 PM
Last Post by BAracer
17th-Oct-23, 04:04 PM
Last Post by Mike174
31st-Oct-22, 10:12 PM
Last Post by CMOTD
10th-Jun-22, 10:03 AM
Last Post by Top Down
24th-May-22, 08:36 AM
Last Post by munter
12th-Apr-22, 08:23 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)