24th-Dec-20, 02:51 PM
Hi Andy,
I have been reading your Tuning Blogs with interest.
Very well put together, easy to understand and informative!
Just knowing the basics can make such a big difference to enjoying this hobby, so well done you.
I fully agree that at times there is a perception that Scalextric cars are no good to be raced.. Like your club, the one I run is all about fun.
We race only Scalextric cars as our club classes, with Scalextric GT3, with very limited tuning, as our main class. Two 4 lane analogue layouts, and thoroughly enjoyed by all. The Scalextric cars give no problems, get raced hard, crashed harder, and the only thing we do to them in most instances as an upgrade is fitting Urethane tyres on the rear. We of course race with magnets out.
Looking forward to your next Tuning blogs, and of course the 2021 Range announcements!
Here's hoping for a Belga Capri, any Gerry Marshall Capri, and a Rover 3500 SD1 to race against them....
Wishing a Merry Christmas to all on slotracer.online ?
Pip
I have been reading your Tuning Blogs with interest.
Very well put together, easy to understand and informative!
Just knowing the basics can make such a big difference to enjoying this hobby, so well done you.
I fully agree that at times there is a perception that Scalextric cars are no good to be raced.. Like your club, the one I run is all about fun.
We race only Scalextric cars as our club classes, with Scalextric GT3, with very limited tuning, as our main class. Two 4 lane analogue layouts, and thoroughly enjoyed by all. The Scalextric cars give no problems, get raced hard, crashed harder, and the only thing we do to them in most instances as an upgrade is fitting Urethane tyres on the rear. We of course race with magnets out.
Looking forward to your next Tuning blogs, and of course the 2021 Range announcements!
Here's hoping for a Belga Capri, any Gerry Marshall Capri, and a Rover 3500 SD1 to race against them....
Wishing a Merry Christmas to all on slotracer.online ?
Pip

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)