17th-Nov-20, 12:50 PM
If you have boards of 1200mm, and you set the track 300mm in from the edge to the centre of the track, you end up with some strangely compelling and symmetrical geometry, whereby each board is quartered by the track, and the same radius corner can be used throughout.
Not that it's necessary or even desirable, I just found it interesting, and it makes the maths very simple.
One thing I wondered is whether it would be possible to move the desk to accommodate an extra board, like this....
The reason I ask is that your current plan shows an area of 3.6m x 2.4m in the centre, where it will probably be difficult to retrieve deslotted cars, or gain access for track and scenery work. If you were to cut that central section down to 1.2m you might find it easier, and perhaps you could add an extra section at the desk end.
Not that it's necessary or even desirable, I just found it interesting, and it makes the maths very simple.
One thing I wondered is whether it would be possible to move the desk to accommodate an extra board, like this....
The reason I ask is that your current plan shows an area of 3.6m x 2.4m in the centre, where it will probably be difficult to retrieve deslotted cars, or gain access for track and scenery work. If you were to cut that central section down to 1.2m you might find it easier, and perhaps you could add an extra section at the desk end.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)