16th-Nov-20, 10:04 PM
(15th-Nov-20, 10:07 PM)JasonB Wrote: I use 3DS Max which is great for presentation renderings, but not easy to use, and not what I'd normally use for working out ideas.
I could email you the file if you've got the software to open .max files, but I should also say that I think that one is 1/32 scale track.
Below is a first idea for a 1/24 track layout using the space on your plan. It's not as pretty as the renderings above, but hopefully more relevant.
I've changed the table sizes at the top and bottom of your plan, to make them the same size, so that you could swap them without changing the overall shape. I've also divided the two boards that stick out to the right in half, to make four. This allows the three L shapes to be interchangeable, again without changing the overall size or shape of the track.
Obviously all of the modules are interchangeable, and there are a lot of possible configurations, but they would change the shape and size of the track.
Anyway, these are just some initial thoughts, we can work on it.
Great minds think alike JasonB
.Last night I played with the same idea on paper to scale with pencil and then cut and paste the models.
Tonight put a few things into SolidWorks. The challenge is to find a system that I do not have to draw every small part by hand within SolidWorks. I have now more or less automated this. I can now only draw the contours of a track with one line and the rest is done automatic. Below two render result and two dimensions drawings (1x table plus anchor points dimensions 1x track plus slot dimensions). Click the image for bigger view.
![[Image: fJtJmscPhmAlfXZBYS2QAywA.png?f=fotoalbum_medium]](https://tweakers.net/i/Uc_AK2PPrCREnTti2lbQFrrzFHg=/234x176/filters:strip_exif()/f/image/fJtJmscPhmAlfXZBYS2QAywA.png?f=fotoalbum_medium)
![[Image: 3AXhBoSxSr2gj9cNGjkCIBi6.png?f=fotoalbum_medium]](https://tweakers.net/i/dth9fQZFaJbjaf5B0YmDEfXtHiM=/234x176/filters:strip_exif()/f/image/3AXhBoSxSr2gj9cNGjkCIBi6.png?f=fotoalbum_medium)
![[Image: EnqcUcMTAS0SGpCDQQ4q4k7V.png?f=fotoalbum_medium]](https://tweakers.net/i/ELrHUhF9HohxF9K8ph-FOvrxgZs=/234x176/filters:strip_exif()/f/image/EnqcUcMTAS0SGpCDQQ4q4k7V.png?f=fotoalbum_medium)
![[Image: ffImlg2TmhOvnsgXoFgj0RhM.png?f=fotoalbum_medium]](https://tweakers.net/i/cZjberDnU7yOco8ApI_qXxBDX9o=/234x176/filters:strip_exif()/f/image/ffImlg2TmhOvnsgXoFgj0RhM.png?f=fotoalbum_medium)
Please share any feedback to forum members.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)