Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Ferrari 512S
#1

I bought a Fly Ferrari in the box that came with a broken chassis, and no decals. These Fly cars are not known for their box-stock handling capabilities. So I tried making a scratch chassis using the original sidewinder pod. The motor was upgraded to a SlotIt 25k. The plastic pod bushings were upgraded to roller bearings. Oilite bushings were installed for the front axle.

   
   
   

I had to cut the motor housing to get the inner bearing flanges to fit. I probably should have used single flange bearings. But I didn't have any in stock at the time of this build, so I improvised.

   

I used a brass chassis jig to perfectly line up the axles. Then epoxied the pod onto the aluminum.

   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   

Inserts and decals added. The livery chosen was the Targa Florio Ferrari driven by Nino Vaccarella in 1970. Decals came from a mix of stuff.

   
   
   

A brass weight adds cornering stability. 4-screws were also added to the pod/chassis to prevent the shock of an off from separating the assembly.

   

Thank you very kindly for looking. My humble apologies the last photo below is out of sequence.
KRZ


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
[+] 4 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Ferrari 512S - by KensRedZed - 3rd-Nov-20, 02:07 AM
RE: Ferrari 512S - by KensRedZed - 3rd-Nov-20, 03:02 AM
RE: Ferrari 512S - by autoavia - 3rd-Nov-20, 09:18 AM
RE: Ferrari 512S - by BAracer - 3rd-Nov-20, 09:25 AM
RE: Ferrari 512S - by KensRedZed - 3rd-Nov-20, 10:17 AM
RE: Ferrari 512S - by JasonB - 3rd-Nov-20, 12:23 PM
RE: Ferrari 512S - by KensRedZed - 3rd-Nov-20, 03:05 PM
RE: Ferrari 512S - by autoavia - 6th-Nov-20, 09:53 AM
RE: Ferrari 512S - by KensRedZed - 6th-Nov-20, 12:34 PM
RE: Ferrari 512S - by autoavia - 6th-Nov-20, 02:23 PM
RE: Ferrari 512S - by KensRedZed - 6th-Nov-20, 04:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DPJ
28th-Jun-26, 02:52 AM
Last Post by Tibbs
18th-Mar-25, 08:14 PM
Last Post by Kevan
27th-Aug-24, 07:34 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
25th-Jul-24, 09:56 PM
Last Post by Kevan
8th-Jul-22, 10:12 AM
Last Post by Scuderia_Turini
2nd-Dec-20, 01:24 PM
Last Post by KensRedZed
18th-Nov-20, 12:56 PM
Last Post by Fluff
2nd-Jul-20, 08:18 PM
Last Post by munter
26th-Jun-20, 01:47 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)