Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
You have a really nice chassis there
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
The 3D chassis looks a lot stronger with the ribs you've added. I presume that's the idea?
•
Posts: 984
Threads: 112
Likes Received: 1,307 in 493 posts
Likes Given: 1,247
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Cambridgeshire
Good work, I dream of being able to own a 3DP although mastering the CAD side now seems daunting, despite having learnt to use a cad program many,many moons ago for wood machining CNC routers !
I don't know if this would be worth your time … but one thing I would like to see someone do is replicate the standard SCX guides but make them 7mm deep to match the depth of the newer Scalextric guides.
I find that once set up with a good thin braid, the SCX guides work well, just could benefit from more depth.
•
Posts: 285
Threads: 53
Likes Received: 402 in 177 posts
Likes Given: 39
Joined: Apr 2019
You should dive in sometime since you have the background.
Regarding SCX guide ithink that much of desloting is due to too much play,which is a consequence of the way it is designed.I am working on a replacement guide which will be able to fit in the old guides place,secured with a screw and geting rid of the "chicken legs".Still a long way to go
(This post was last modified: 19th-Sep-19, 11:13 PM by
AlexisGaitanis.)
•
Posts: 984
Threads: 112
Likes Received: 1,307 in 493 posts
Likes Given: 1,247
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Cambridgeshire
Personally, I don't have an issue with play in the guides, and if you are referring to the copper tabs when you say "chicken legs" I might be in the minority but I don't mind them, like I said when you get them set up right they seem to work just fine, but horses for courses

It is the cost of the 3dp that is the real kicker for me, but they are coming down, maybe one day
(This post was last modified: 20th-Sep-19, 06:00 AM by
Savage GT.)
•
Posts: 285
Threads: 53
Likes Received: 402 in 177 posts
Likes Given: 39
Joined: Apr 2019
SCX 7mm guide ready to print
Posts: 285
Threads: 53
Likes Received: 402 in 177 posts
Likes Given: 39
Joined: Apr 2019
New chassis Porsche 917-10
(This post was last modified: 9th-Oct-19, 11:08 PM by
AlexisGaitanis.)
Posts: 285
Threads: 53
Likes Received: 402 in 177 posts
Likes Given: 39
Joined: Apr 2019
New chassis
Aston Martin DB5 Airfix,in line only,printed in PLA
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
(This post was last modified: 13th-Nov-19, 10:51 PM by
Anthony B.)
•
Posts: 285
Threads: 53
Likes Received: 402 in 177 posts
Likes Given: 39
Joined: Apr 2019
New chassis
Lancia Stratos Team Slot,in line only,printed in PLA