Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
Thank you very much...all of your compliments are very much appreciated!
The only manufacturer I shoot for now is MRSlotcar, and Ernie seems to want what everyone else does. I've spent too many years in advertising to think this sells what we want in a slot car...
![[Image: tEVED6l.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/tEVED6l.jpg)
...better than this!
![[Image: 8lPecAO.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/8lPecAO.jpg)
These cars are so detailed now, that it takes little talent to show how real they look! I get a big kick out of telling my friends that I own 30 different Ferrari's that I crash regularly on my private track!
Thank you for reinforcing the joy of grown men playing with little cars!!!
Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
Hmmmmm...I got a lot of flack on another site because the guy thought I was using real cars to pawn off as slot cars!...that last Porsche looks pretty real, I guess!
Posts: 2,059
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,415 in 1,392 posts
Likes Given: 3,127
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
(28th-Apr-24, 08:00 PM)fotodoug2 Wrote: Hmmmmm...I got a lot of flack on another site because the guy thought I was using real cars to pawn off as slot cars!...that last Porsche looks pretty real, I guess! 
I would have thanked the man for the photo shooting compliment and came back with something like "The price of the car is X. Highway not included".
Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
I'm partial to these cars...I have a real SC 430, and was driving around with the top down today!
Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Sorry Doug, I don't mean to be critical, but the Ford is missing a windscreen.
•
Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
No Jason, I'm too lazy to do something like that! The windscreen is reflecting a black velvet covered card (black velvet absorbs the most light), and the rest of the reflection is taken out by a polarizing filter! Good eye!!!
Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
Hi Jason
Just to let you know, I haven't been able to open Imgur on my new laptop, and it would seem that they are headed down the tubes. If you want any of my new images on that site, you should download them while you can. I've downloaded the whole catalogue, but they are very small files...I guess they get reduced for publication. Anyway, I just thought I would warn you.
Posts: 599
Threads: 49
Likes Received: 447 in 272 posts
Likes Given: 955
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Australia
Doug,
Please keep up the great work, I don't say it enough, but I do appreciate the photo's and the photo banner, I always check the banner.
You post because you know deep down that we do appreciate the photographs and photography skills and knowledge required, it isn't simple as see, point and click... well not to you at least, you and I have had a chat previously years back regarding your photo's and I still remember you being concerned about the background on a few images.
To be concerned about the background more than the actual object shows a lot of thought that you put into the best photo's of slotcar's that I've seen... no bs
Look back through some of your work as posted previously just above, all different angles, different background colour schemes to match or highlight the car livery, different scheme across all individual photo's.
Johnno
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
(9th-Feb-26, 09:07 PM)fotodoug2 Wrote: Hi Jason
Just to let you know, I haven't been able to open Imgur on my new laptop, and it would seem that they are headed down the tubes. If you want any of my new images on that site, you should download them while you can. I've downloaded the whole catalogue, but they are very small files...I guess they get reduced for publication. Anyway, I just thought I would warn you.
Thanks Doug, nice to hear from you.
Imgur actually stopped working on any UK website, around September last year, so we are strongly recommending everyone
add their images directly to their posts.
That will ensure that as long as this site is alive and kicking, then the photos will be available.
•