Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

SRC Tyre Chart
#1

Thought I would have a go at deciphering the range of SRC tyres by categorising them by size and compound...

   

There are still what appear to be some very subtle differences between compounds, with perhaps some newer ones duplicating legacy ones still available.

Not sure I have unlocked the mystery yet!

I love puttering with gears
[+] 2 members Like BAracer's post
Quote
#2

Hi Jeremy,

Here is some more information from SRC about their tyre range:

MTX are virgin rubber tyres.
Black Pat tyres MAP and MAX are rubber compound with paraffin tyres.
The difference between them; Max tyres are waxed for wear delay.
RN0201 and RN0202 are composed of polyurethane.

I hope this will make your tyre choice easier.

rallyhub Thumbup
[+] 2 members Like rallyhub's post
Quote
#3

Thank you Hub.

I saw those descriptions on the website but was not sure whether they were technical terms or oddities from the translation into English. I will update the Chart accordingly.

On the basis that they take their cars so seriously, I was thinking that their tyres might also be little hidden gems that might offer benefits to my other cars and offer an alternative to the usual Slot.it/NSR choice.

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BAracer's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Fluff
4th-Nov-24, 01:07 PM
Last Post by Kevan
17th-Jan-24, 07:57 AM
Last Post by OXO cube
17th-Mar-21, 04:54 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)