Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

A wandering into motor rewinding
#11

Quote:Following.

Any pics on the process for other wannabe motor winders please 

Dont bother Kevan....there are not enough reasons to get into this these days.
Just buy a replacement motor the same or of higher spec.

But.....maybe you have a ton of old burnt out motors lying around and you want to do something with them.

Back in the bad old days I rewound a fair few motors and had some success with them but in recent times I have only bothered once when a Slotit yellow endbell motor cooked and I did a job on it. I used a shortened 16d comm and if memory serves me correctly 31SWG wire which I had in my stash.
The motor worked well even considering the tab type brushes on the larger diameter comm....but again. I wouldn't bother again.

Pictures? sorry, long gone about two laptops ago.
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by chappyman66
1st-May-24, 06:30 PM
Last Post by Kevan
5th-Jun-23, 07:25 AM
Last Post by Mitch58
2nd-Jan-22, 01:20 AM
Last Post by OXO cube
27th-Oct-21, 08:48 AM
Last Post by steveaca
14th-Jul-19, 04:13 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)