Posts: 18
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 4 in 4 posts
Likes Given: 18
Joined: Apr 2019
Hi all,
After some advice. I have a Ninco Raid Volkswagen and I need to remove the chassis as the plexiglass screen has come loose. It has 2 screws to the front of the body but there is not one to the rear as is the case with a similar Bowler I have. The rear appears to be clipped into the body but I do not want to force this out and crack anything.
Does anyone know how to remove this please?
Newt
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Yo Newt,
I found this info: "
On the TOUAREG there is only 2 screws up front that secure the chassis to the body. Once removed, you must pull forward on the chassis to get it to release from the mount in the body. This is a very tight fit and you will have to use a little more force than you are used to.
"
on
http://www.homeracingworld.com/rallyraid.htm
So your thought is correct. Using a thin bladed screwrdriver gently as a lever might provide a more controlled force
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 18
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 4 in 4 posts
Likes Given: 18
Joined: Apr 2019
Many thanks Leo,
Have been trawling the web and other forums but struggled to find anything. Really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction, Thankyou.
Newt
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,194
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
I got one yesterday and took me a while to suss out out. Take the front screws out then lift the body about 20mm and you'll see the back end has no hidden screws but is located by a black D shaped tab. You'll have to slide the chassis sideways with a wiggle to start it moving. It's far too tight and asking to split the body so I eased the two plastic pieces a little too make it easier in future
(This post was last modified: 7th-Aug-19, 10:42 AM by
Kevan.)
•