Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

S-Can/Short Can Motors
#21

(26th-Dec-20, 11:56 PM)chrisguyw Wrote:  
(26th-Dec-20, 09:16 PM)Grah1 Wrote:  The  standard   brush   gear   is  a  heavy  brass coloured  contact and  when I  powered  it  up   on 12v    as  Anthony  says  they  scream   my  test   on SF  results    clocked  225550 rpm  before  I  shut  it  down .Shades  of  strap motor  lol. I  did get  a  puff  of  smoke   before   I  killed  the  power   but  no  damage .

Wow, 225K...........my hand built Koford $450US Eurosport motors struggle to do much more than that.................with a cold steel armature shaft, a non balanced/non epoxied and unground arm, cheap bushings, a plastic non tied non epoxied untrue comm, topped off with the cheapest brush gear that the Chinese toy car motor manufacturers offer,....you are a lucky man  Thumbup

Not that I do not believe you , but , in my opinion, you motor would have disintegrated well (well) before 100K.  Sun

Cheers
Chris Walker

[Image: 5111108bb6c95afe1d8961a890f6bc9b.jpg]

Whether   you   believe  me  or  not   Chris  is  of  no  consequence    I  do not  falsify  readings  which  I  obtain  from  what  ever  source   I've  used  for  a  test , in this  case  a  digital  tachometer  which   so  far  has  proved  to  be  reasonably accurate  when checking    other  lower   rpm motors . As  I  have    mentioned  in  other  places this  motor is  totaly  un  usable  in  its  standard   form  and  the  only  comparison  to  your $450  dollar  strap  motor  is   the  fact  that  they  both  rev  very  high .Whether  the  tacho  I'm  using  is accurate  to  225k   is debatable    but  with  out   spending  vast  amounts  of  money  on laboratory standard  equipment  I  cant  be  sure. I  am  however a little  upset   at  your (maybe unintended ) inference that  I  would publish  false  claims  about  any  test  results  .
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Charlie
22nd-Apr-23, 08:49 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)