Our round up of all the tastiest morsels from week 31, all in bite sized chunks!
- Avant Slot Ford Transit MKII Avant Slot have been teasing us with CAD images of their next rally support van. The Ford Transit MkII is expected to arrive at the end of the year, in a Rothman’s livery.
- BRM Ford Capri BRM have unveiled the first two liveries of their brand new 1:24 scale Ford Capri. A white kit version will also be available – and you can pre-order them all now at Pendle Slot Racing.
- NSR Historic Line Porsche 917K The second pair of collectable Historic Line releases from NSR will focus on the 1971 Spa 100Kms – dubbed ‘the fastest sports car race ever’. The two works Martini cars failed to finish – victory going to Pedro Rodríguez and Jackie Oliver, leading a John Wyer Gulf 917k 1-2. There’s a Gulf 908/3 in the Historic Line pipeline – all three can be pre-ordered at Pendles.
- NSR Mercedes AMG GT3 Bilstein Just arrived from NSR are two Black Falcon liveries that raced at the 2016 and 2017 Nürburgring 24 Hours. The #9 car of Yelmer Buurman, Hubert Haupt, Maro Engel and Dirk Muller finished fourth in 2016.
- Slot.it Audi R8 LMP The next model to arrive from Slot.it is this stunning Champion Racing Audi R8 LMP that raced at the 2001 Le Mans 24 Hours. There are more details of the car in the News section of the forum.
- Reviews Lerex has been posting some videos over in the Reviews Forum. The videos are in Spanish, but subtitles are available. Cars covered so far include …
Slot Car Racing
- Summer Grand Prix Proxy The Summer Grand Prix Proxy moved on to the Viking SCC this week, and AdeC brought us all the results, reports, photos and videos. Next up is the final Grand Prix at South Manchester.
- Extreme Slotting 2022 The Extreme Slotting Raid Proxy is kicking off, with the cars having made their way to Harlequin HQ, though it was a close run thing for one team, after an unexpected delay.
- UK Slot Car Festival The UK Winter Slot Car Market takes place on Sunday December 4th 2022, at the British Motor Museum, Banbury Road, Gaydon.
The event promises a new, spacious swap meet layout to ensure no overcrowding and great social distancing.
Put the date in your diary.
- Maserati Sebring In Virgiliu Andone’s latest photo-essay for the Petrolicious website, a beautiful series two Maserati Sebring takes centre stage in the unlikely setting of a Spanish cement works. As always, Andone’s images and words are a perfect pick-me-up on a Monday morning.
- Ferrari 296 GT3 Ferrari’s brand new GT3 racer was unveiled at the end of last week. The mid-engined V6-powered successor to the 488 will make its racing debut in 2023, keeping Ferrari at the forefront of a new era of GT3 competition. Which slot car companies will be firing up their CAD programmes and writing a licensing cheque?
- Hungarian Grand Prix Not quite as eventful as last year’s race, but the Hungarian round of the 2022 F1 championship was certainly full of drama and intrigue from start to finish. You can watch a 7-minute highlights video on the F1 YouTube channel.
- 24 Hours of Spa Unusually dry and with relatively few safety car periods, the 2022 24 Hours of Spa was a classic full-gas GT3 race to mark 20 years of the event’s GT era. You can watch highlights of the first 17 hours on the GTWorld YouTube Channel, with the full race highlights due soon.
- Iron Dames Make History (again) In a perfect team performance that delighted endurance racing aficionados, the Iron Dames Ferrari won the highly-competitive Gold Cup at the Spa 24 Hours by a substantial three-lap margin – the first class win by an all-female crew in international GT racing.
- Oulton Park Gold Cup Taking place a month earlier than its traditional August Bank Holiday slot, the iconic Oulton Park Gold Cup served up some memorable classic and historic racing this weekend. The Gold Cup dates back to 1954 and the early years of this picturesque British circuit.
- BTCC Knockhill Three action-packed races at Scotland’s national motorsport centre put the British Touring Car Championship back in the spotlight. Scalextric fans will be keeping their fingers crossed for the 2023 catalogue!
- Formula-E London More top-flight motor racing in the UK this weekend – this time in the London docklands as Formula-E took over the ExCeL centre. You can catch up with all the action on the Formula-E YouTube Channel.