Slot car news aplenty, in week twenty!
This week we have three Porsches, a 962, a 911, and a 919, two Mercedes AMGs, a Ferrari 512, and a Rover SD1, plus the biggest slot car event of the year, all the best video and audio, and our pick for the photo of the week.
- Slot.it Porsche 962C Expected from Slot.it in the fourth quarter of the year, is this new livery for the Porsche 962C which raced at Le Mans in 1987, driven by Bill Adam, Richard Spenard, and Scott Goodyear.
- Slot.it Ferrari 512M Slot.it have unveiled prototype photos of a new livery for the Ferrari 512M. The model represents the car driven by Nino Vaccarella and José Juncadella at the 24 hours of Le Mans, 1971. Expected in the first quarter of 2024.
- SRC Porsche 919 LMP1 SRC have announced that their Porsche 919 LMP1 will be available to pre-order from their website this week.
- NSR Mercedes AMG NSR have announced two new liveries for the Mercedes AMG GT3. The #9 GetSpeed Race Taxi raced at the 2020 Nürburgring 24 Hours, and the #100 took part in the Fanatec GT World Challenge
The UK Slot Car Festival – 20-21 May 2023
- The biggest slot car event of the year is almost upon us. The highly anticipated UK Slot Car Festival takes place at the British Motor Museum, Gaydon on the 20th & 21st May.
- UK Slot Car Festival Find out more about the UK Slot Car Festival on the official website.
- UKSCF Facebook Check out the UK Slot Car Festival Facebook page, for more details, photos, and build up.
- British Motor Museum Find out more about the British Motor Museum and its amazing exhibits, book tickets for UKSCF, or get directions.
- The Origins of the UK Slot Car Festival The UK Slot Car Festival held at Gaydon since 2011 is now a well established annual event but people may not know how it all started. Brian takes a look at the events which preceded UKSCF.
- Magazines ePilot continues to keep us up to date with all the latest publications from the slot car and model railway worlds, and there is also a huge index of older magazines to catch up on.
Tracks & Scenery
- Race Track Scenics Elevated Track System Race Track Scenics have posted some photos of their elevated track system over on our Facebook page. It is designed for Carrera track, and it looks handy for anybody who wants a bridge or flyover on their layout.
- Worthing Digital Wednesday – 17th-May-23
- UK Slot Car Festival – 20th-May-23
- UK Slot Car Festival – 21st-May-23
- Bury St Edmunds club night 5-10pm – 3rd-Jun-23
- Worthing HO Wednesday – 7th-Jun-23
- Extreme Live! – 11th-Jun-23
- National GT3 – Rockingham – 18th-Jun-23
- Worthing Digital Saturday – 24th-Jun-23
- Bury St Edmunds club night 5-10pm – 1st-Jul-23
Video & Audio
Photo of the Week
Revoslot Mercedes CLK GTR
Photo by Doug Johnson