Let’s race through this week’s news from the world of slot cars!
- SCX & Carrera Releases Pendle Slot Racing have had a shipment of new SCX and Carrera cars, including, from SCX, a four-wheel drive Sebastian Loeb Ford Puma, a Jean Ragnotti Renault 5 Turbo, a Crevier Racing BMW M1, and a Cupra E-Racer. Available in SCX Original (analogue) or SCX Advance (digital). Also, from Carrera, are two KTM X-Bows with Liqui Moly and Felbermayr liveries.
- Electric Dreams Porsche 917/30 Electric Dreams are releasing a special edition Penske Sunoco Porsche 917/30. Limited to just 24 units, the models will feature a Proto Slot resin body, a 3D Olifer chassis and motor pod, a driver’s helmet by Interlagos Miniatures, and will be hand painted by HobbyClassic, and assembled by Dennis Samson. Shipping at the end of September, and available to pre-order now.
- Slot.it Porsche 962C Slot.it have released a prototype photo of a new livery for their Porsche 962. The model recreates the car driven by Jésus Pareja at Jarama in 1992. Expected in the second quarter of 2024.
- Slot.it Porsche 956 Arriving in the first quarter of 2024, is this new livery for the Slot.it Porsche 956, which represents the second placed finisher at Imola in 1984, driven by Jonathan Palmer and Jan Lammers. Available to pre-order now.
- Slot.it Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 Slot.it have opened pre-orders for the unusual two sided livery for the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3. The livery models the car which won the 24h Fuji Super Tec in 2018, driven by T. Hamano, K. Hoshino, H. Yasuda, K. Fujinami & Z. Sun. The body and chassis of this model have been redesigned to lower the center of gravity.
- Slot.it Porsche 962 And finally, in a busy week of news from the company, Slot.it have posted a full series of promo photos of the forthcoming MOMO liveried Porsche 962. Expected in November, the model recreates the car which finished third in the 1992 12 hours of Sebring, driven by Oscar Larrauri, Massimo Sigala, and Giampiero Moretti. Available to pre-order now.
- Magnetic Racing La Rascasse Magnetic Racing have released a new model of the Casino at Monte Carlo, more famously known as La Rascasse. Magnetic Racing also produce a great range of buildings from Goodwood, Reims-Gueux, and Monza, amongst others.
- Scalextric to Policar track adapter Johnny’s Workshop has designed a Scalextric to Policar track adapter, for 3D printing. The files are available free from Thingiverse.
- Worthing HO Wednesday – 6th-Sep-23
- National GT3 – Pendle Slot Racing – 10th-Sep-23
- Worthing Digital Saturday – 23rd-Sep-23
- Confolens Classic pre-1970 at Champagne Mouton– 23rd-Sep-23
- National Digital Championship – North Staffs– 30th-Sep-23
- Worthing HO Wednesday – 4th-Oct-23
- Worthing Digital Saturday – 14th-Oct-23
- Bury St Edmunds Club Night 5-10pm – 14th-Oct-23
- National Digital Championship – Rockingham – 21st-Oct-23
Photos of the Week
Carrera Dodge Chargers and Ford Torino
Slot.it Porsche 962
Fly Porsche 917LH