29th-Sep-19, 01:30 PM
This has been a relatively quick project - about 4 months.
I saw mention of a 1:32 2000GT kit by Aoshima that looked very good. It was a "snap-kit" but very highly detailed and equipped. I instantly recalled the 2000GT convertible featured in a Bond movie and decided to replicate that.
A short intro - the movie "You Only Live Twice" featured Japan and presumably Toyota were keen to showcase their new 2000GT coupe. The movie makers soon realised that Sean Connery would not fit well in the low slung car, so Toyota built two convertible versions especially. The convertibles were never offered in production. In the actual movie James did not drive the car, he was chauffeured by "Aki".
The kit interior is very nice and essential for an open top car so motorising it would need a front-motor installation and I was spurred on by mention of a suitable chassis being designed for 3D printing. The chassis became available as I removed the roof and filled in the rear deck, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. I had a set of wire wheels which fitted nicely so was all set.
Huge thanks to the chassis designer who has an appropriate ID of "tomato_007".
I am quite pleased with the result including that it handles well and is nice to drive.
For SlotRacer eyes only - Aki saves James -
Oh, Oh, Leo
I saw mention of a 1:32 2000GT kit by Aoshima that looked very good. It was a "snap-kit" but very highly detailed and equipped. I instantly recalled the 2000GT convertible featured in a Bond movie and decided to replicate that.
A short intro - the movie "You Only Live Twice" featured Japan and presumably Toyota were keen to showcase their new 2000GT coupe. The movie makers soon realised that Sean Connery would not fit well in the low slung car, so Toyota built two convertible versions especially. The convertibles were never offered in production. In the actual movie James did not drive the car, he was chauffeured by "Aki".
The kit interior is very nice and essential for an open top car so motorising it would need a front-motor installation and I was spurred on by mention of a suitable chassis being designed for 3D printing. The chassis became available as I removed the roof and filled in the rear deck, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. I had a set of wire wheels which fitted nicely so was all set.
Huge thanks to the chassis designer who has an appropriate ID of "tomato_007".
I am quite pleased with the result including that it handles well and is nice to drive.
For SlotRacer eyes only - Aki saves James -
Oh, Oh, Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)