Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Latest Chassis from Mr Slotcar

NEW PATRIOT EVOLUTION.

This is a Metal Chassis designed to fit Slot It Group C Cars.
Coming Soon - Produced for Scale Racing LLC

Chassis shown here is the pre-production stage model
This is a Stainless Steel chassis kit that will allow you to convert any Slot It Group C car – using all the parts except the plastic chassis.
Each kit is complete with all the fasteners plus the “Telescopic Design” Body/Chassis mounting Hardware, in Color Coded Anodized Aluminum (various heights) – There is no soldering required – The kit also comes with Hex Wrench for the “Nylock Nuts”
Any of the Slot It Motor Pods will fit – Inline, SW and AW It’s adjustable for wheelbase – 8 Positions in total – 82.20, 82.70, 83.70, 84.20, 85.20, 85.70, 86.70, 87.20 (dimensions in millimetres)
The Body Mounting System allows for very fine vertical adjustment for positioning of the chassis – Simply by turning the 2 “Hex head” Screws by 60 degree increments (black anodized one in the picture below) – And positioning the chassis over them to Lock and keep them from rotating.
Then the M2 Wafer head screws (in picture) are used to secure the chassis to the body – The screws have a coating of retaining compound allowing them to be fixed in any position without vibrating loose.
Expected Retail price on the compete kit is under $50.00 USD.
Patriot Evolution – Car complete pictured below is 86 Grams

[+] 1 member Likes abie321's post

Other than the very fine height adjustment possible with the unique fasteners, what are the benefits of this chassis over the standard Slot.it plastic chassis ?

I can see one immediate advantage. It's metal.

I'm one of those people that break guide mounting holes. I don't have many modern RTRs but I only have one left with a whole hole!

I agree with your point about the guide flag hole Gordon. Other than that however, I don't see the point. I can see one big disadvantage however, and that is the weight.

(10th-Jul-19, 05:56 AM)steveaca Wrote:  I agree with your point about the guide flag hole Gordon. Other than that however, I don't see the point. I can see one big disadvantage however, and that is the weight.

I might see that as an advantage! Weight low down is good provided it isn't too much for the motor. That can be offset with revs and gearing. Good stable handling is what I aim for and metal was the standard thing when I were a lad, none of this new fangled plastic rubbish!

The weight is numero uno advantage, I can't be doing with these flyweight racers...unless you're a magnet racer...but if you want high corner speed without magnets you need downforce  Thumbup

Would be interesting to see a back-to-back performance comparison of otherwise similar cars but with the two different types of chassis (one plastic, one metal).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by abie321
26th-Jun-19, 12:53 PM
Last Post by abie321
28th-May-19, 07:24 PM