Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Thunderslot Ford Mustang Trans-Am

The long-rumoured Thunderslot pony car range is getting closer with these pictures of a prototype of a Mustang. Chief engineer Giovanni Montiglio has never hidden his love of big American cars of the mid-to-late 1960s - and it was common-sense that the follow-on from the fabulous Can-Am cars was a series of sedans...

The Mustang looks good - and not obviously stretched. I do like the choice of the '67 Shelby car...

... it's rather special as a road car, although the Trans-Am Mustang was a notch-back until 1969 - and then the '69 car was a slightly different shape, with different vents etc. We'll see where Thunderslot go with the mould - there's potential for optional parts to create different models, as Giovanni and the team have done with the Can-Am cars.

Underneath, the layout is fairly familiar in terms of a sidewinder motor... Although the two-part chassis is a departure - one element holding the motor and guide, with the other holding the body. Not unlike the BRM layout, but in 1:32 scale and plastic. There was talk back in 2019 about Thunderslot using the Scalextric DPR system on a new range of cars - although I don't see any space for that underneath. I guess that's been shelved.

Although there's no date been mentioned for release, the Mustang looks at a pretty advanced state. Time to start saving those pennies!

Big thanks to Giovanni and the Thunderslot team for allowing us to share these images.
[+] 13 members Like woodcote's post

Wow...that's going to be popular...and very interesting chassis.

I don't own a Thunderslot or even driven one but everything I hear is good and a TS Pony car has to be a must  Thumbup

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 2 members Like Kevan's post

2-weeks ago I joked "I'll be the first in line for a Thunderslot Mustang. As if that'll ever happen" Ha!  Thumbup

That has grabbed my interest, also a white kit with a bit of fabrication would make a great basis for an "Eleanor"  Thumbup

Thunderslot if you’re looking inline pod please  Thumbup

(9th-Apr-22, 04:28 PM)anddelanyno20 Wrote:  Thunderslot if you’re looking inline pod please  Thumbup

That hasn't got a pod.

(9th-Apr-22, 05:06 PM)Kevan Wrote:  
(9th-Apr-22, 04:28 PM)anddelanyno20 Wrote:  Thunderslot if you’re looking inline pod please  Thumbup

That hasn't got a pod.
The lack of a motor pod and options for long can and inline are my only reservations on ThunderSlot's Mustang..
However, if I were ever to place my faith in anyone to produce a quality car that would work well on the track, it would be Giovanni.
This looks like  slam dunk sucess for thunderslot.
None of the other quality manufacturers offer muscle cars 
Alan W
[+] 1 member Likes Nonfractal's post

The Thunderslot team were showing off the new Mustangs at the UK Slot Car Festival last weekend - and Marc from Slot Car Magazine took these images of the cars that will be available soon...

Whether all eight colour schemes will be available, we'll have to wait and see.
[+] 4 members Like woodcote's post

(11th-Apr-22, 06:11 AM)Nonfractal Wrote:  
(9th-Apr-22, 05:06 PM)Kevan Wrote:  

That hasn't got a pod.
The lack of a motor pod and options for long can and inline are my only reservations on ThunderSlot's Mustang..
However, if I were ever to place my faith in anyone to produce a quality car that would work well on the track, it would be Giovanni.
This looks like  slam dunk sucess for thunderslot.
None of the other quality manufacturers offer muscle cars 
Alan W

No doubt an inline option would be easy enough as some clubs only allow IL for certain cars/classes, our club for one specifies IL for small saloons.

Re the colour schemes on display in my photo... some of them are only to be for the US market as they have been specially commissioned.
Marc
[+] 1 member Likes ABBO's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by rallyhub
26th-Feb-22, 08:50 AM