Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scalextric Pagani Huayra Roadster BC

Scalextric C4212 Pagani Huayra Roadster BC - Yellow. RRP £39.99. Available now.

A super-resistant Scalextric car might seem an unlikely subject for a SlotRacer Online news item, but this brand new Pagani Huayra Roadster BC is a bit special. It looks sensational and its track performance - both with and without magnets - is impressive. So much so, I'll be writing a review very soon.

The Huayra is a low-volume Italian hypercar – only 100 were produced of the original version, with another hundred Roadsters following in 2017. The BC is a modified track-focused evolution – twenty were manufactured and sold instantly at £2 million each. The total run of Roadster BCs is limited to forty cars. The model’s debut was in June 2019, via the CSR2 racing app – an unusual way to launch a car, but certainly a very large and appreciative audience.

The Roadster BC is powered by a 789 bhp 6-litre twin-turbo Mercedes V12, giving a 0-60 time of 2.2 seconds and a top speed of 238 mph. The monocoque of the roadster is constructed of carbon-titanium HP62 material, making the chassis low weight and rigid. Aerodynamic downforce is aided by an F1-style blown-diffuser – the Roadster BC is claimed to generate a massive 1,102 lbs of downforce at 174 mph. The Pagani Huayra Roadster BC really is the ultimate track day hypercar...

Scalextric's range of mostly super-resistent hypercars are good sellers. Their mid-range price point and robust layout certainly help, but they are also the nearest any of us mere mortals are going to get to owning one. Although some of the cars have been more hit than miss in my eyes, the Lamborghini Centenario was one of the most stunning Scalextric models I can remember. The Huayra is even better...

Whereas I normal turn my nose up at blacked-out windows on slot cars, these hypercars look really cool with them - better than they would if they were completely clear. There is an interior included, plus posts to fit a lightboard on the chassis - so a high-detail version of the Huayra is an option. I just hope it has heavily tinted windows and a helmeted track-day driver. Another super-resistant livery is due over the winter, this purple ‘Drago Viola Edition’...

I'll look more closely at the chassis layout and performance in my review. However, I do want to say that the Huayra has phenomenal handling with and without magnets, breaking the lap records on my test track for a Scalextric car. With NSR Supergrips fitted on the back, magnet removed and 2.5g of weight in front of the motor, the Scalextric Huayra managed to get into the edge of NSR & Slot.it territory in terms of races scores and lap times. Almost every new Scalextric model I've tested over the past year has been surprisingly good - and I suspect that's more about design decisions than luck.

If you want to try one for yourself, the yellow Huayra Roadster BC is available now from all your usual Scalextric retailers.

[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Scott
4th-Feb-24, 08:21 PM
Last Post by darrenp60
14th-Aug-23, 10:31 PM