Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scalextric Batman vs Joker Spark Plug Set

Scalextric sets have been selling well during lockdown - and this brand new offering is likely to be very popular with families and Batman fans. I had the pleasure of admiring the fabulous cars and playing with them at the Scalextric launch in early January. I then witnessed the Scalextric team pick up a prestigious 'Hero Toy' award a few weeks later at the London Toy Fair - in recognition of the innovation and immersive gameplay of the set...

Batman vs Joker is the first Scalextric set to include Spark Plug - a wireless dongle that plugs into the powerbase and allows racers to use their phone or tablet to control the cars (there's a review here: https://slotracer.online/community/showt...p?tid=1094). The set contains two of the dongles - one for each lane - and there is a brand new update of the Spark Plug app to go with this set, featuring plenty of DC Comics characters to choose and some extra gameplay...

I very much like Spark Plug - it is a lot of fun -  but the absolute stars of the set for me are the two cars...

The Joker-inspired car is a sensational livery on the new Scalextric Rasio C20 hypercar and the Batman car is an amazing 'etched' metallic grey on matt black livery for the Ginetta LMP1. The Scalextric designers have obviously enjoyed themselves with these cars! Both liveries really grab me and pull me in - and I forget that underneath are standard Scalextric models. They are two fairly new body shapes, both Digital Plug Ready (DPR) for easy digital conversion, have working lights (only headlights on the Batman car) and are somewhere in between 'High Detail' and 'Super-Resistant' - meaning they are robust and look great. Perfect for a family-oriented Scalextric set. Both cars are available separately if you don't want to buy the complete set.

The set layout guarantees that the robustness of the cars is well-tested! There is a sideswipe section, a jump ramp and a 90-degree crossing. Having tried it out at Margate and Olympia, I enjoyed the layout a lot. One feature of the app is the ability to boost your own power and restrict your opponent's. There's also a new feature in the app that limits your number of 'lives' - encouraging racers to avoid crashes. With the two cars pretty similar in performance, the entire package is a recipe for a huge amount of fun and Batman vs Joker-themed mayhem.

Scalextric C1415 Spark Plug Batman vs Joker Set. RRP £149.99 and available now at www.scalextric.com and in the near future at all Scalextric stockists.

Scalextric C4142 Joker Inspired Car. RRP £40.99 and available from www.scalextric. com, MRE, Pendle Slot Racing, Jadlam Toys & Models and other retailers.

Scalextric C4140 Batman Car. RRP £40.99 and available from www.scalextric.com, Pendle Slot Racing, Jadlam Toys & Models and other retailers. It is already sold out at MRE.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

Scalextric have produced an 'un-boxing' video of the Spark Plug set and also the Micro Scalextric Batman vs Joker set which I'll be looking at next week...

I gotta say  that face on the joker car really appeals to my sense of...... hmmm what sense - I dont have any Rofl

I like it though Bigsmile

[+] 1 member Likes Anthony B's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Scott
4th-Feb-24, 08:21 PM
Last Post by darrenp60
14th-Aug-23, 10:31 PM