4th-Aug-20, 09:22 PM
Bit of a change in plan...got an itch for a Scalextric Bentley Continental GT3 and got a used one off ebay for not much. So I have made this my DiSCA GT3 project and will focus on the DiSCA WEC series for the Scaleauto Porsche.
Having read all the articles on how to race prep the Bentley, the route from shelf to track is quite well defined, so hopefully I have got half a chance of getting it somewhere near where it will need to be specification wise. This will allow me to concentrate on the details.
So first things first, a Slot.it 3D chassis from Shapeways, along with a DPR lid that holds a type C chip, and a ProSpeed flexible rear wing.
I had intended to use the Scaleauto motor pod from the Porsche, but the pod opening in the Slot.it 3D chassis is Slot.it motor pod shaped, so having found a spare SI pod in my parts bin, for the moment, I am going to follow the path of least resistance and use that. However, one thing I have noticed in swapping between SI and SC anglewinder motor pods on a few cars, I am sure the SC pod positions the motor further to the left in the chassis. The upshot of that showed itself when I brought over the rear axle assembly from the Porsche and the anglewinder gear is positioned beyond the end of the motor shaft. So it looks like I need a reverse anglewinder gear if I want to get anywhere near the pinion. Moving to the front end of the chassis, I clipped the chip on place on the dpr lid, which seems to position the aerial under the bonnet rather than the cabin, but I did not investigate that any further.
So here are the old and new chassis.
From an aesthetic point of view, I'm not a big fan of the regulation rear wheel/tyre, it's not the biggest diameter wheel, and the brown band on the tyre is a distraction...and especially on the Bentley, it all seems a bit lost in the wheel arch when I fitted the body for size. It's a 0mm offset pod, so might fiddle with some spacers to lift up the axle line to see if I can get it to look more 'racy' whilst still achieving the necessary clearance under the motor...
So the project is up and running. I have a lexan interior to paint and install once I have cut out the surplus glass, along with the other weight saving jobs. And I have the Scalextric lights to install and wire up to the chip. I have read how Tamar wired these to the B chip, but am not sure the best strategy with the C chip...
Having read all the articles on how to race prep the Bentley, the route from shelf to track is quite well defined, so hopefully I have got half a chance of getting it somewhere near where it will need to be specification wise. This will allow me to concentrate on the details.
So first things first, a Slot.it 3D chassis from Shapeways, along with a DPR lid that holds a type C chip, and a ProSpeed flexible rear wing.
I had intended to use the Scaleauto motor pod from the Porsche, but the pod opening in the Slot.it 3D chassis is Slot.it motor pod shaped, so having found a spare SI pod in my parts bin, for the moment, I am going to follow the path of least resistance and use that. However, one thing I have noticed in swapping between SI and SC anglewinder motor pods on a few cars, I am sure the SC pod positions the motor further to the left in the chassis. The upshot of that showed itself when I brought over the rear axle assembly from the Porsche and the anglewinder gear is positioned beyond the end of the motor shaft. So it looks like I need a reverse anglewinder gear if I want to get anywhere near the pinion. Moving to the front end of the chassis, I clipped the chip on place on the dpr lid, which seems to position the aerial under the bonnet rather than the cabin, but I did not investigate that any further.
So here are the old and new chassis.
From an aesthetic point of view, I'm not a big fan of the regulation rear wheel/tyre, it's not the biggest diameter wheel, and the brown band on the tyre is a distraction...and especially on the Bentley, it all seems a bit lost in the wheel arch when I fitted the body for size. It's a 0mm offset pod, so might fiddle with some spacers to lift up the axle line to see if I can get it to look more 'racy' whilst still achieving the necessary clearance under the motor...
So the project is up and running. I have a lexan interior to paint and install once I have cut out the surplus glass, along with the other weight saving jobs. And I have the Scalextric lights to install and wire up to the chip. I have read how Tamar wired these to the B chip, but am not sure the best strategy with the C chip...
I love puttering with gears

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)