Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
A standard family hatchback...
The real deal...
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 280
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 352 in 149 posts
Likes Given: 196
Joined: Jul 2020
•
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Exactly my point!
I love puttering with gears
(This post was last modified: 28th-Jul-20, 07:27 AM by
BAracer.)
•
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
What rubbish! Proper cars have wire wheels, only a total peasant would paint them black
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
You (possibly) might have a point...
However, i think there is a cut off year when rather than making an old car look smart, it makes it look like a pram.
And i offer this opinion based on my past ownership of a TR6, which does not look right on wires, whereas a TR5 does.
So that would make the cut off year somewhere around 1972.
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
And if we (I) am talking about the rules around black wheel, then I would propose any post 72 car with 300+bhp must have black wheels in order to optimize performance, whereas anything under that power level it would be optional, although good for messing with your opponents heads.
I love puttering with gears
(This post was last modified: 28th-Jul-20, 08:28 AM by
BAracer.)
•
Posts: 456
Threads: 35
Likes Received: 202 in 130 posts
Likes Given: 534
Joined: Apr 2019
My Firebird looked awful with wire wheels. :-)
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
If you have a very old Alfa, you are allowed to paint them red.
We could then get into the er ...discussion about chrome versus silver paint.