[attachment=7507 Wrote:DPJ pid='8919' dateline='1594319744']Wow that's a busy livery! How'd you do that one?
Thanks DPJ
Wasn't too bad, base coat of silver, masked off everything I didnt want green. Then masked off doors and green parts and space on bonnet for race number, and dipped. Once dipped and washed off can remove all the masking tape before clear coat, then applied decals and clear coated again.
I dipped that for last years UK NSR GT3 event also done a Porsche 908/3 for the NSR Classic event.
I've been dipping cars for a couple of years now, its a great way to get some interesting paint jobs.
(This post was last modified: 9th-Jul-20, 11:36 PM by 155Stick.)
(9th-Jul-20, 06:35 PM)DPJ Wrote: Wow that's a busy livery! How'd you do that one?
Thanks DPJ
Wasn't too bad, base coat of silver, masked off everything I didnt want green. Then masked off doors and green parts and space on bonnet for race number, and dipped. Once dipped and washed off can remove all the masking tape before clear coat, then applied decals and clear coated again.
I dipped that for last years UK NSR GT3 event also done a Porsche 908/3 for the NSR Classic event.
I've been dipping cars for a couple of years now, its a great way to get some interesting paint jobs.
(9th-Jul-20, 11:34 PM)155Stick Wrote: A couple of other ones I have done, the P4 didn't turn out as well as I hoped as lot of the colour was lost against the green base coat.
Ok. I think I got it - all the graphic is a decal and the dip is the solid green color. Do you have a video of the process?
(This post was last modified: 10th-Jul-20, 02:53 AM by DPJ.)
(9th-Jul-20, 06:35 PM)DPJ Wrote: Wow that's a busy livery! How'd you do that one?
Thanks DPJ
Wasn't too bad, base coat of silver, masked off everything I didnt want green. Then masked off doors and green parts and space on bonnet for race number, and dipped. Once dipped and washed off can remove all the masking tape before clear coat, then applied decals and clear coated again.
I dipped that for last years UK NSR GT3 event also done a Porsche 908/3 for the NSR Classic event.
I've been dipping cars for a couple of years now, its a great way to get some interesting paint jobs.
(9th-Jul-20, 11:34 PM)155Stick Wrote: A couple of other ones I have done, the P4 didn't turn out as well as I hoped as lot of the colour was lost against the green base coat.
Ok. I think I got it - all the graphic is a decal and the dip is the solid green color. Do you have a video of the process?
Sorry don't think explained myself to well, the graphics are the hydro dipping film, the silver and green are spray painted. I masked up what I wanted to stay green & silver, so after I dipped the body I could remove the tape and those parts had no film applied to them.
Unfortunately I've not got a video of the dipping process.
(10th-Jul-20, 06:46 PM)DPJ Wrote: Okay!!! NOW I got it!! Thanks for clearing that up! Where do you get the dip design from?
Sorry if I upset any mods by posting a company web address, but in my defence someone else already mentioned the company
Dipthis.co.uk and they are not slot related so hopefully dont upset anyone else