Posts: 280
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 352 in 149 posts
Likes Given: 196
Joined: Jul 2020
Hello all! I just found out about this resource and decided to join after reading a very informative thread on gearing. I have a custom Carrera track layout in the garage that I use often to run cars on and my wife sometimes joins for a race under the lights. It's fitted with Trackmate that works very well. With all the free time lately I've been adding light kits and getting more into tinkering on the old broken cars I have, updating them and getting them running. Cheers! Dean
(This post was last modified: 1st-Jul-20, 07:55 PM by
DPJ.)
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Welcome Dean
Nice track!
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Welcome aboard Dean.
Apologies for being nosy but what are the body shells on the wall?
Posts: 280
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 352 in 149 posts
Likes Given: 196
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
1/5th scale - my word that is huge.
Back in the day I raced 1/8th scale and that was large enough. Stopped eventually as the cost was exhorbitant. Your Sauber looks gorgeous though!!
Spare Mini body - is it on same chassis?
(This post was last modified: 3rd-Jul-20, 09:17 AM by
Anthony B.)
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Interesting, and big.
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello Dean, Greetings from Scotland.
Nice Carrera layout - did you paint over the white line or remove it somehow?
Also what do the switches on the power-base do?
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 280
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 352 in 149 posts
Likes Given: 196
Joined: Jul 2020
(3rd-Jul-20, 08:28 AM)abie321 Wrote: 1/5th scale - my word that is huge.
Back in the day I raced 1/8th scale and that was large enough. Stopped eventually as the cost was exhorbitant. Your Sauber looks gorgeous though!!
Spare Mini body - is it on same chassis?
Initial up front cost one could say is a bit much for 1/5 scale, but parts don't break like the smaller scales. Tires are my only cost basically, unless I want to upgrade or I need to rebuild the 2-stroke. Gas and radio is all I need with me to run for a solid 40 minutes on a tank. It's tremendous fun! The Mini is what I race now, the Sauber is priceless to me. The Mini is a Medium chassis, Sauber is a Long chassis. They make a Short chassis also.
(3rd-Jul-20, 03:09 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote: Hello Dean, Greetings from Scotland.
Nice Carrera layout - did you paint over the white line or remove it somehow?
Also what do the switches on the power-base do?
Leo
Hello Leo! Thanks for the compliments. The entire track is painted with Rustoleum "Aged Iron" textured spray paint from a can. It seals the plastic track extremely well and provides excellent grip for all tires (urethane, rubber or silicone). The switches change the direction of travel for the cars. It's custom wired for Positive Polarity, here's a schematic. I have Slot.it controllers that are amazing - especially using GHOST Mode when I'm by myself!
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Cheers Dean,
Yeah, the Carrera power supply supplied in the UK is good with two separate outputs but the current limit is a bit low.
Good mod to re-polarise the wiring
I used a Rustoleum paint on mine and it sticks really well to the surface. I have never found anyone who likes the white line down the middle but Carrera keep on doing it. There is a video on YouTube that includes an operator applying the white line - grrr!!
Leo
Edit - Here is the YT Video - it is captioned as Scalextric but... its Carrera. Track painting is at
2:23
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 3 in 1 posts
Likes Given: 0
Joined: Jul 2021
(1st-Jul-20, 07:53 PM)DPJ Wrote: Hello all! I just found out about this resource and decided to join after reading a very informative thread on gearing. I have a custom Carrera track layout in the garage that I use often to run cars on and my wife sometimes joins for a race under the lights. It's fitted with Trackmate that works very well. With all the free time lately I've been adding light kits and getting more into tinkering on the old broken cars I have, updating them and getting them running. Cheers! Dean
Do you know of any clubs in Southern California?
•