Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Fascinating and possibly useless fact
#11

I've been lucky enough to pick up a few in cars on eBay. Most of the time I bought them just for the gears although a couple of times I've been lucky to get hot Muras in good nick as well.

I still have a few sets of each but most of the Taylors are now anglewinders which are not allowed at Bordo. Most of the bodies I want to make chassis for are 24th scale  so I will probably do sidewinders using Cox or Weldon gears.

Living in this part of France means any club is some way away and up until now, Bordo is the only place I race and then only twice a year. Looking forward to going to a few more clubs soon and then it will be a move back to the UK. Ronnie, my wife, thinks we will be moving to somewhere near a bowls club for her....... Cool
Quote
#12

Well, great as it would be to have a beer and a natter together, I would councel against Fenland where there are no slot car clubs. Norwich and mussel Bay are the nearest and Norwich is 1 1/2 hours away and Mussel Bay is God knows where these days, but both far too far away for me. I tried to get one started but got no interest.
Of course, if you are happy to turn left all the time among noisy kids, there are, incredibly, TWO slotstox clubs in my village alone!

So good luck with your search.

Martin
Quote
#13

Thanks.

I used to live in East Anglia. Shimpling just outside Bury St.Edmunds and then Long Melford. A bit south of you though. We visited the fens from time to time but only as tourists.

We are aiming further north though, somewhere north of Hadrian's wall in fact.
Quote
#14

That's a lovely area. Our older son lives in Berwick-upon-Tweed and we love driving around the border country.
Martin
Quote
#15

Ohh I just love the private conversations Tease Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl 

ONLY you Gordon!!
Quote
#16

Anthony, I only do it to annoy those with one track minds. That a forum such as this should only allow discussions about slot cars is to remove the human element from any discussion.

I'll leave robotics to the robots and continue to, at least, try to be human.
Quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)