Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

2020 Daytona 24 hours
#1

   

The 2020 Daytona 24 hours has begun. I'm watching live coverage in the UK on the IMSA app and the same feed (with IMSA radio commentary) is also on the IMSA website: imsatv.imsa.com

The free coverage is available worldwide - except for the USA, Canada, Latin America and New Zealand where local TV channels are broadcasting live.

I highly recommend Andy Blackmore's spotters' guide here: www.spotterguides.com/portfolio/20_imsa

   

Who am I cheering on this year?
  • DPI and overall: Sébastien Bourdais, Loïc Duval & João Barbosa in the #5 JDC-Miller Motorsports Cadillac
  • LMP2: Ryan Dalziel, David Heinermeier-Hansen, John Farano & Nicolas Lapierre in the #8 Tower Motorsport Oreca
  • GTLM: Oliver Gavin, Tommy Miller & Marcel Fässler in the #4 Corvette C8R
  • GTD: Christina Nielsen, Katherine Legge, Tatiana Calderón & Rahel Frey in the #19 GEAR Racing Huracán
That's game over for those four cars Sweating
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post
Quote
#2

If you can't get the live coverage to run then turn off your ad blocker. Worked for me.
[+] 1 member Likes CMOTD's post
Quote
#3

Was wondering how cold it was for the spectators...8 degrees during the night then 18 for Sunday. 

So not exactly a freezing winter race day!
[+] 1 member Likes BAracer's post
Quote
#4

Florida in January ain't bad Drink 

I have to say I do like the Daytona 24 hours - I have a good sleep, get up at a reasonable time and can still watch the cars racing through the night...

               
Quote
#5

A bit like putting Eurosport on 6hr delay for LeMans...
[+] 1 member Likes BAracer's post
Quote
#6

I used to stay up all night watching the live feed from the Magnus Racing team pit. After a few years it became a bit bizarre so I left the audience. IMSA didn't allow any race coverage so they couldn't show the cars so the stream was a fly-on-the-wall thing with interviews of some people. An example of the bizarre-ness was when the host Sean Somebody started asking people to pronounce the name of Australian driver Shane van Gisbergen but in an Australian accent. It was funny twice.
Magnus Racing switched from Porsche to Audi so I lost interest totally.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Quote
#7

Yeah, those team pit or in-car videos were - for a while - the only 'free' way to watch a lot of events. And they did get weird. They did add something to the Radio Le Mans / IMSA Radio commentary. I quite enjoy radio coverage - especially of Nascar races, which feels like stepping back to the 1950s.

It's definitely an improvement to have a wide range of motorsport series streaming their events for free via their official app, facebook or website. Although the big ones - F1 and WEC - still try and get us to cough up the dosh.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
25th-Jan-26, 10:32 AM
Last Post by Kevan
18th-Mar-23, 01:14 PM
Last Post by Top Down
9th-Jan-21, 07:18 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)