Posts: 63
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 20 in 16 posts
Likes Given: 5
Joined: Apr 2024
Hi all,been out of action lately but want to catch up with things. Can anybody advise on where to get 3d printed split rim wheels in 16.9 x 9mm & 16.9 x 10mm size? Thanx in advance
•
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Not sure I've seen anyone offering 3D printed wheels of any sort for general sale.
Have you tried asking on the 3DP forum on here?
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
What do you mean by split rim?
I've tried 3D printed wheels of various types but the problem is fixing them to the axle.
Grub screws tear the plastic, threaded inserts cause massive unbalance at speed and so far supergluing is the only method I'm happy with but that makes it a PITA to remove the axle.
I've only tried wheels that I've printed and currently testing a set for an upcoming proxy.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 195
Threads: 5
Likes Received: 246 in 119 posts
Likes Given: 555
Joined: Dec 2021
Location MN, USA
I am not aware of anyone offering a split rim wheel.
If you want it, it's easy enough to draw up but I would not be confident of concentricity after try to glue them together (why I haven't done it).
It's easy to get round wheels with the original print, and I have seen some two piece wheels on Thingiverse but I have never tried them.
•