Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Posts: 1,748
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,597 in 813 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Once upon a time, I went to look at a 1:1 car that I fancied. The seller was quite open about the defects and kept reducing the price as he pushed the sale. Ultimately I didn't buy it and on the way home my wife commented that if the guy had known me better he could have upped the price for each defect!
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 4,504
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Although buying old old fixer-uppers isn't my thing I can see why some folk enjoy it.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 3,216
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,784 in 2,086 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
Well I kinda had to buy my own Christmas Slot car presents
Decided to get both the Revoslot & Slot it white kit versions of the Datsun 510, just to see how they compared to each other and my other similar cars.
The slot it body version is longer (with longer wheelbase) and higher than the Revoslot model but the same body width. The wheels are the usual sizes for each brand, so the slot it 15mm diameter ones contrast quite significantly with the Revoslot smaller 11mm ones.
The new wrapper motor on the slot it is quite intriguing, is it the same 23k rpm motor as previously used, but with a wrapper covering, if so why ?
Personally speaking, proportionately I think the Revoslot looks more to scale.
(This post was last modified: 29th-Dec-24, 11:48 AM by
Graham.)
Posts: 4,504
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Revo is closest to scale width and wheelbase.
I'd put my money on the SlotIt in a competitive race.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 3,216
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,784 in 2,086 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
I had a good old test run of both cars, or basically the bodies and chassis without the interiors over the last few days. From the box the slot it Datsun was faster than the Revoslot with original tyres etc by a fair margin.
So I decided to upgrade the motor on the Revoslot to a 35k rpm SRP short can….which made quite a difference and narrowed the running difference with the Slot it quite considerably.
But then I thought to improve the Slot it Datsun by changing the motor to a Flat 6 25k rpm and change the tyres……..now I have the same difference as when I started
I like a challenge so I will see what else I can do in the new year with the Revoslot version.
Posts: 1,247
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
The starting date for this thread corresponded with the start of our Christmas this year.
For me, it was the start of making the mince pies and pud. I have Ronnie, I don't need presents.
For Ronnie, we ordered a shiny new Apple Macbook Air. This is a mistake really as I'm supposed to have the newest Mac in the house but my finger must have slipped on the keys when I ordered it!
Slot cars? Nary a one
Posts: 2,055
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,126
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
•
Posts: 86
Threads: 2
Likes Received: 31 in 24 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Apr 2019
What is the ground clearance under the motor of the Slot.it Datsun with the car sitting on track ?
•
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
The wrapper on the motor is probably to provide some isolation from the rails, as per digital racing regs.
I love puttering with gears
•