Posts: 63
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 20 in 16 posts
Likes Given: 5
Joined: Apr 2024
Hi what can you tell me,Carrera BMW Z4 coupe mar BMW Z4 GT3 scaleauto BMW Z4 GT3 models. Which is best out the box & can other brands be upgraded to be as good or better? I ask because the Z4M coupe is my favourite version looks wise plus I do love modifying my slot cars so all info &/or opinions greatly appreciated.
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
What's the 2nd one?
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
(5th-Aug-24, 01:17 PM)bowley Wrote: Carrera BMW Z4 coupe 'or' BMW Z4 GT3 scaleauto BMW Z4 GT3 models, which is best out of the box?
Hope that helps in understanding his question? Myself I'd go for the Scaleauto Z4.
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Yes, makes sense.
Carrera's aren't going to scare a Scaleauto any time soon...only in looks
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
I'm with Top Down.
Yes, ScaleAuto is a much better choice.
(This post was last modified: 5th-Aug-24, 06:53 PM by
KensRedZed.)
•
Posts: 573
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 727
Joined: Mar 2021
You have received the best advice. ….Scaleauto in a sidewinder configuration is the only thing I’d add.
(This post was last modified: 6th-Aug-24, 03:59 AM by
Brumos RSR.)
•
Posts: 193
Threads: 23
Likes Received: 326 in 126 posts
Likes Given: 922
Joined: Apr 2019
Have you considered a NSR? I think that OOTB it is the best choice.
•
Posts: 86
Threads: 2
Likes Received: 31 in 24 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Apr 2019
Scaleauto (anglewinder 'R' version ) would be my choice.
•
Posts: 63
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 20 in 16 posts
Likes Given: 5
Joined: Apr 2024
Thanks lads for all replies. I've looked again at all gt3 models & think a NSR Aston Martin vantage V12 could well be my new choice. At home I only have a rally track being built up,as not room enough for a GT track. But I want to start going to avon slotcar club to race gt3 cars etc. I still have plenty of build projects to complete first too just can't help looking for future plans,thank again.
•
Posts: 24
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 23 in 14 posts
Likes Given: 46
Joined: Apr 2022
Slightly off-topic- you’ll probably need a Group C car or a Mosler if you want to race GTs at Avon Club. The only class for GTs is Sports Endurance and I don’t think anyone is running a GT3.
•