Posts: 4,503
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Posts: 385
Threads: 23
Likes Received: 511 in 192 posts
Likes Given: 717
Joined: Dec 2021
Location Cowplain, Hampshire UK
(6th-Feb-24, 05:58 PM)KensRedZed Wrote: It's not a store bought car. But it's new to me for 2024.
The body is coloured resin. No paint was harmed in the making of this car.
Hi Ken,
how have you made the motor bracket on this sidewinder set up if you don't mind me asking?
Cheers Tony
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
(18th-Feb-24, 05:01 PM)Tibbs Wrote: (6th-Feb-24, 05:58 PM)KensRedZed Wrote: It's not a store bought car. But it's new to me for 2024.
The body is coloured resin. No paint was harmed in the making of this car.
Hi Ken,
how have you made the motor bracket on this sidewinder set up if you don't mind me asking?
Cheers Tony
Hi Tony,
I've been using 5-minute epoxy to glue motors in since 2018. My fellow club members laughed at me at first. Until I started winning races.
Now more than half the club members use 5-minute epoxy. It works well if you figure how to set up the mesh. Motors won't break away from the chassis even if it hits the floor. A small flat jeweler's screwdriver under one corner easily pops the motor out if you want to change it.
Posts: 573
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 727
Joined: Mar 2021
Picked this one up as I should’ve done it years ago. The Olifer chassis was delivered less than 3 days later. Bits and pieces were added and 12 hours later it was shipped to the GT Proxy as my other car fell apart during scrutineering.
Posts: 4,503
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Is that the correct photo because I'm not seeing a silver car
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 385
Threads: 23
Likes Received: 511 in 192 posts
Likes Given: 717
Joined: Dec 2021
Location Cowplain, Hampshire UK
(18th-Feb-24, 10:03 PM)KensRedZed Wrote: (18th-Feb-24, 05:01 PM)Tibbs Wrote: (6th-Feb-24, 05:58 PM)KensRedZed Wrote: It's not a store bought car. But it's new to me for 2024.
The body is coloured resin. No paint was harmed in the making of this car.
Hi Ken,
how have you made the motor bracket on this sidewinder set up if you don't mind me asking?
Cheers Tony
Hi Tony,
I've been using 5-minute epoxy to glue motors in since 2018. My fellow club members laughed at me at first. Until I started winning races.
Now more than half the club members use 5-minute epoxy. It works well if you figure how to set up the mesh. Motors won't break away from the chassis even if it hits the floor. A small flat jeweler's screwdriver under one corner easily pops the motor out if you want to change it.
Hi Ken,
wow, thats very clever.
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers
Tony
Posts: 573
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 727
Joined: Mar 2021
(19th-Feb-24, 07:40 AM)Kevan Wrote: Is that the correct photo because I'm not seeing a silver car 
I had no time for paint as everything kinda lined up with the car arriving, chassis’s showing up and 12 hours to build and ship to the UK. So kinda like the Fly BMW M1 I sent a few proxies ago, no time quick build the night before sending out the morning after.
Posts: 4,503
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
With a timetable like that what can possibly go wrong
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 573
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 727
Joined: Mar 2021
(19th-Feb-24, 07:39 PM)Kevan Wrote: With a timetable like that what can possibly go wrong 
And zero track time during the build….. I hope the wires are set properly as I just remembered I never fired it up to check.
•
Posts: 4,503
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Don't worry, any
serious/proxy ending problems can get sorted before official kickoff
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•