Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Yeah, the wheels on that 917L was like being hit in the eye by a midgey when riding your bike
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(12th-May-23, 08:12 PM)Scott Wrote: Hard to regret spending less than £20 on two relatively pristine cars, but the tyres are so hard they barely move and I can't find replacements.
![[Image: 346103530_159497857069702_55746488453206...e=6485EFAF]](https://scontent.flhr3-3.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/346103530_159497857069702_5574648845320617837_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s2048x2048&_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=oCPfisz-qAAAX9Y3W1m&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-3.fna&oh=03_AdTn_MgEIHGHx990LnjLyZwCE7iPysGGxxQYqFzUY6QuaQ&oe=6485EFAF)
You should be able to find something here. France though.
Positil tyres
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Just noticed the 917LH sadly also has the rear 'wheelarch treatment'
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
Just got the McLaren out of the box and the gears have gone as well. Just not up to the NSR Shark 21 I put in it
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
After all the glowing reviews Anthony, I rather thought that myself. I got it from a Spanish shop who went very quiet when I tried to contact them.
•
Posts: 456
Threads: 35
Likes Received: 202 in 130 posts
Likes Given: 534
Joined: Apr 2019
My biggest regrets are buying rare cars that were broken or missing parts hoping to be able to "fix" them then seeing a more or less complete car for a decent price.
There is a rare Porsche 924 1/32 scale GAMA car that uses a propriety pick up system (the car basically hook in the slot). I bought one that had been converted to the Carrera "Universal" 3-rail system hoping to covert it to regular 2-rail.
And of course less than a year later the car shows up already converted for less than what the conversion cost would have run...
Or the Scalextric TR4 with a chunk missing from a fender or the Prefo Melkus RS1000 that had also been converted to the Universal 3-rail....
I should have just sat and waited for the right car to come along...
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Regrets...yes all those early cars I 'improved' that ended up in the parts bin after a year or so because the improvements didn't work as hoped and they're too far gone to convert back to stock.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 599
Threads: 49
Likes Received: 447 in 272 posts
Likes Given: 955
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Australia
Nonoslot F1 cars
I brought five of these F1 metal chassis slot cars for track cars on recommendation from another person who has these.
Well what an absolute POS this brand, product and all service. The chassis are simply badly designed and manufactured, the front axle doesn't even utilise any sort of bearing, slide a bit of tuve through a V support and that's it...
The cars rattle and misbehave on the track every opportunity they are given. I've changed the tyres, added weight, I've done what I am able to do with such a limiting chassis and in general product and product design.
The cars have been in their boxes four weeks after I bought them, having never breated fresh oxygen since. Totally regret buying this brand and product.
Avoid Nonoslot products at all costs, nothing good comes from the brand sadly.
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
and they're not cheap either
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•