Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
Now and again a firm needs to verify your bank account and sends a very small amount of money to it which you have to check and enter on the relevant website. PayPal has done this a couple of times and sent 3 or 4p which remained in my account after completion. Ebay did it this week and sent me the grand total of 6p but they are so hard up that they took it back after the verification was complete!
(This post was last modified: 13th-Mar-23, 12:58 PM by
CMOTD.)
Posts: 2,059
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,411 in 1,390 posts
Likes Given: 3,127
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Question. Do they have the right to access your account? Does that mean they can take what they want, when they want? That can't be good.
I would allow incoming. Not outgoing. I know it's nothing. But I would still call the bank and ask what's up?
I really dislike EBash.
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
Of course they have the right to access my account, just the same as anybody else who sells on eBay. They pay the proceeds of a sale into the account and can take out any charges via direct debit. Perfectly standard business practice, no different to PayPal and I have no worries about it. You may not like them, many don't, but they aren't criminals intent on robbing my savings.
(This post was last modified: 14th-Mar-23, 09:42 AM by
CMOTD.)
Posts: 1,748
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,597 in 813 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Reference PayPal, its a great arrangement where they never share your bank details with vendors. I have explained this to a friend of mine a few times but he is still happy to provide his card details over the 'phone. Go figure, as they say in North America.
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 4,506
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,054 in 1,812 posts
Likes Given: 4,198
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
(14th-Mar-23, 10:19 AM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote: Reference PayPal, its a great arrangement where they never share your bank details with vendors. I have explained this to a friend of mine a few times but he is still happy to provide his card details over the 'phone. Go figure, as they say in North America.
Yes, makes no sense...then some folk have none anyway
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•