5th-Jul-19, 07:47 AM
So generically I collect Ferrari and Can Am.But there are those cars from my childhood that just stick out - Cucaracha, Cox Lotus 40, Scaley Lotus 20 and Sharknose Ferrari.
In a collection a few years ago, I picked up another one of those cars - Monogram Lotus 38.
When I got, I cleaned it up, repainted it and redecalled it. I noticed the the motor was the correct red monogram version, but that it had been balanced, and on closer investigation, lightly rewound as well. Old adverts from the 60's magazines came to mind and after investigation I found that this was one of those cars supplied new by Dyna rewind, and for an extra $ the motor was balanced and rewound. SO I guess it becomes slightly rarer as a result.
But the truth is I just love the car.
The car as it arrived
Then as it is now.....
The Dyna rewind advert.
Note the grind style of balancing in advert and in the motor of the car.
Just love this car.
Whats yours??
In a collection a few years ago, I picked up another one of those cars - Monogram Lotus 38.
When I got, I cleaned it up, repainted it and redecalled it. I noticed the the motor was the correct red monogram version, but that it had been balanced, and on closer investigation, lightly rewound as well. Old adverts from the 60's magazines came to mind and after investigation I found that this was one of those cars supplied new by Dyna rewind, and for an extra $ the motor was balanced and rewound. SO I guess it becomes slightly rarer as a result.
But the truth is I just love the car.
The car as it arrived
Then as it is now.....
The Dyna rewind advert.
Note the grind style of balancing in advert and in the motor of the car.
Just love this car.
Whats yours??

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)