Posts: 456
Threads: 35
Likes Received: 202 in 130 posts
Likes Given: 534
Joined: Apr 2019
(8th-Nov-21, 11:08 AM)Bazzer Wrote: What about that SAAB/Wartburg connection?
I actually quite like the Wartburg Knight, I have travelled in those, way better than a Trabi which IMO is downright dangerous.
Errr... not aware of a SAAB/Wartburg connection...
Yes.. Wartburg was a much better car than the Trabbi but that isn't saying much!
•
Posts: 121
Threads: 12
Likes Received: 97 in 58 posts
Likes Given: 95
Joined: Apr 2021
A tenuous connection I will admit, they both used engines heavily based upon the pre war DKW unit, the SAAB started out as a two cylinder and then went to three, where as the Wartburg Knight was always 3 cylinder as far as I know.
I have been to Zschopau and seen the old DKW/MZ factory and toured the small museum up in the town, very interesting. Wartburg came from Eisenach which is almost on the old east/west border much nearer Frankfurt and Kassal.
Two strokes rule !!
•