Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

NSR Support Slot Car Clubs Offer
#11

I don't expect to win every time I buy a lottery ticket. But I consider it like buying a dream for the mere price of a coffee.

This was a nice dream that didn't cost a thing.

If nothing else. Many members in our club woke up and chimed in because of this announcement.  Thumbup

I don't have a FaceFart account. Is Scratch32 from Canada on the list?  Sun

Thanks,
Ken
[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post
Quote
#12

(8th-Jun-21, 12:40 PM)KensRedZed Wrote:  I don't have a FaceFart account. Is Scratch32 from Canada on the list?  Sun

Thanks,
Ken
I cant see them Ken

We (Woodland Fort slot car club, Plymouth, Devon) made it, already planning our championship Checkeredflag

Bernie, racing since 1969 Wavegreen
[+] 1 member Likes Qman's post
Quote
#13

(8th-Jun-21, 12:40 PM)KensRedZed Wrote:  I don't have a FaceFart account. Is Scratch32 from Canada on the list?  Sun

Thanks,
Ken

Hello Ken, Unfortunately, Scratch 32 did not make the list,.........as far as I can tell, only 2 North American clubs will be receiving cars, with the vast majority being "Euro" clubs.

Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 1 member Likes chrisguyw's post
Quote
#14

Quote:Sadly WHO missed out ....
 
As did B St E. Almost exactly 24 hrs too late!

Never mind. Shan't miss what we never had  Bigsmile

Still very generous of NSR. 1000 cars on the way to the lucky recipients!  Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes Top Down's post
Quote
#15

What we now need is an NSR sponsored competition bringing all 100 championship winners together for a SuperFinal Sun

Bernie, racing since 1969 Wavegreen
[+] 2 members Like Qman's post
Quote
#16

we were also chosen, in Belgium there are 2 clubs that made it, we are happy to be one of those two.
[+] 2 members Like beemer's post
Quote
#17

You could run a race at our Worthing track if you wanted an international round!

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BAracer's post
Quote
#18

(8th-Jun-21, 01:17 PM)chrisguyw Wrote:  Hello Ken, Unfortunately, Scratch 32 did not make the list,.........as far as I can tell, only 2 North American clubs will be receiving cars, with the vast majority being "Euro" clubs.

Cheers
Chris Walker

Hi Chris. Thank you for the heads up.

If out of 100-clubs, only 2 were chosen from North America for a worldwide contest? The evidence clearly suggests NSR had a plan for these cars from the start.

Regardless. I am super happy for all the winners, and hope they all have a blast with their free cars!!!  Thumbup
[+] 3 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#19

I think NSR were simply surprised and overwhelmed by the response - I don't think there was any ulterior motive.

They then had to decide how to limit things and going for the first 100 clubs to apply was by far the easiest way. They don't have a big staff and a detailed appraisal of each of the several hundred applications would probably have taken them until Christmas! I guess they could have selected the 100 club from across several global regions (based on local NSR sales, maybe?) to get a more even geographical spread. Maybe next time...

Other manufacturers will, no doubt, be keeping a close eye on how this initiative pans out. There's always the danger clubs will pocket the freebies and appear to go through the motions (there's a history there), but hopefully it will be different this time. A simple local championship fitting in with the club's usual formats is a very achievable aim and understandably excited a lot of clubs worldwide.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post
Quote
#20

If anything NSR obtained loads of data for a mailing list


Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by JasonB
1st-Nov-21, 04:36 PM
Last Post by Johnno
9th-Oct-21, 03:17 AM
Last Post by CMOTD
10th-Aug-21, 11:09 AM
Last Post by Top Down
1st-Mar-20, 08:03 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)