Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Bad C8515 chips?
#1

I recently came across a small collection of slot cars and track. I have 8 digital chips and it seems only 1 is working, is this a common issue?
Quote
#2

Digital chips do occasionally go up in smoke. Personally, I’ve only ever blown up one, but other people seem to get through plenty…


How are they not working? Do the cars they are fitted to work on an analogue track? They should do. On a Scalextric digital powerbase they will need to be programmed to a colour on the base.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post
Quote
#3

(5th-Jun-21, 08:39 PM)woodcote Wrote:  Digital chips do occasionally go up in smoke. Personally, I’ve only ever blown up one, but other people seem to get through plenty…


How are they not working? Do the cars they are fitted to work on an analogue track? They should do. On a Scalextric digital powerbase they will need to be programmed to a colour on the base.


I have 8 cars. Only 1 would go when throttle was applied. It took the chip from that car and moved it to the others. Each car would work correctly with THAT chip but not the other chips. When I put one of the cars on the track with the chip that doesn't work. The motor on that car turns on for a split second but won't do anything more.
Quote
#4

That’s on analogue?
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post
Quote
#5

(5th-Jun-21, 09:22 PM)woodcote Wrote:  That’s on analogue?

I switch it analog and they won't move.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Quote
#6

Can you programme them to the one controller you have plugged in? My hunch is that only one car is programmed to that controller socket ID, the others are programmed to the others. Of course, it’s possible they are all ‘smoked’, but the other explanation is the most likely.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post
Quote
#7

(6th-Jun-21, 06:37 AM)woodcote Wrote:  Can you programme them to the one controller you have plugged in? My hunch is that only one car is programmed to that controller socket ID, the others are programmed to the others. Of course, it’s possible they are all ‘smoked’, but the other explanation is the most likely.

Sorry for the new question but how do I do that?
Quote
#8

(6th-Jun-21, 06:37 AM)woodcote Wrote:  Can you programme them to the one controller you have plugged in? My hunch is that only one car is programmed to that controller socket ID, the others are programmed to the others. Of course, it’s possible they are all ‘smoked’, but the other explanation is the most likely.

Thank you!!! Found a video on YouTube and was able to get them running!!! Thank you for all your help!!!
[+] 1 member Likes SONeill83's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Grahamboyd
9th-Jun-22, 05:08 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)