Mm? I thought I'd been quite restrained this year, particularly with the PC being down for five, nearly six, weeks with a catastrophic hard drive failure. However, it doesn't seem to have curtailed my spending, with four cars joining the fleet in March.
First up were a pair of Scalextric Subaru Impreza eBay purchases, both getting away from the usual iconic 'World Rally Car' Blue Mica.
This Belgacom car struck me as being 'a little different' and although a used runner, didn't need much cosmetic work to make it presentable again.
However, this mint boxed 50th Anniversary car has to be the best they've released by far, in my opinion. I did get it to enter into the Proxy Rallies but now I'm having second thoughts. It's too nice.

(I'd have preferred a more conventional RWD chassis though.)
Next on the hit list were a couple of NSR cars - love this manufacturer - both from the same seller not a million miles from me in Derbyshire.
Again, a rather different and striking paint scheme on this that seems to flow with and compliment the body lines, rather than having been imposed on it without due regard. True to the sellers word it shows little, if any, sign of use. Lovely.
That purchase gave me the confidence to go with his custom NSR F1 'Williams'. Superbly executed on a white test car, he didn't rely on the self-coloured plastic of the body. It's been sprayed then detailed beautifully. I'm not a great fan of F1 but it being NSR-based swayed me - and my Jagermeister car deserved a companion. Only snag is, this custom makes the factory finished NSR look very, very plain