Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Cars bought by members in 2021
#51

Snap ... minus the review  Bigsmile

Thank you Pendle for sending out the pre-order so fast  Thumbup

[Image: uQh9MLv.jpg]
[+] 2 members Like Savage GT's post
Quote
#52

Well I was going to wait for another racing livery to make a pair, but Scalextric are a bit slow getting them out  Tease

As stock looks to be dwindling and prices are on the rise on ebay, I thought it best I secure this one now and wait the requisite time for a racing partner  !
Having owned a mk1 (1600XL),2 (2.0 Ghia) and 3 (2.8 injection) Capri in my youf, nostalgia called.
I think Scalextric have really captured the look well, chunky wipers and spade hand driver aside.

   
[+] 4 members Like Savage GT's post
Quote
#53

SRC Porsche 907
[Image: Ud9LPsK.jpg]
[+] 4 members Like fotodoug2's post
Quote
#54

I think I may have a problem

I blame Amazon Prime showing the Italian Job and late night MRE email reading when feeding the baby 

   
   
[+] 3 members Like 964rh's post
Quote
#55

As the Mclaren F1GT is one of my all time dream cars, and when I saw Scalextric rendition of the silver "art" car I couldn't hold fire much longer.
But of course it needs a running mate, and I feel the Harrods livery really looks good on this car Sun

There have been a few slot car models of the non long tail versions, and mostly much better performers, but none I think look as "right" as these Scalextric offerings, and by all accounts these are also the most scale accurate.

Both appear to be driven by drivers more suited to being a race horse jockey, but the cars look fantastic in the plastic  Bigsmile

   

I think the silver car needs a Fotodoug session to really show off the livery ;)
[+] 3 members Like Savage GT's post
Quote
#56

Just arrived from the USA for much less than anyone attempting to sell on ebay UK;)

   

I think it looks stunning but was surprised it was an inline, all the other Falcon XB's from Scalextric are sidewinders.
Now I have quandaries .....

1. Do I keep mint boxed in the cupboard, or put it on the track ?
2. If on the track, what on earth can I race with it ? (re- livery something to look like MFP maybe ?)
And no, I don't like the dirtied up later version ...
Quote
#57

How are you smuggling all these past the missus Tel? Have you won the lottery? Rofl Rofl
Quote
#58

Lockdown mania .. better to seek forgiveness than permission when it comes to slot car purchases I have found  Rofl

Having just had some news on a car I thought lost in post or scammed on, there may be another pair soon and that will ensure Mad Max stays locked away as my first shelf queen !
[+] 1 member Likes Savage GT's post
Quote
#59

With all the stuff coming in from Amazon for her... It's a bit easier to sneak stuff in these days.   Wrench
Quote
#60

If you check out the 'FOR SALE' section on here it's no secret that these Ninco Rally cars have joined the fleet, inspired by the success of the younger members of  'Rally Team Chesterfield' in the WHO Winter Proxy Rallysprint. 

Hopefully they'll help out the Team Captain - me - who languished well down the field!

     

Now see which item you think may have caught my eye in this little lot, found on Facebook Marketplace.

   

You can click to enlarge the photos if it helps.  Thumbup  

No prizes for a correct guess - but I'll post a pic' or two tomorrow.
[+] 1 member Likes Top Down's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Henk
6th-Jan-26, 07:37 AM
Last Post by Kevan
3rd-Oct-24, 09:59 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)