Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Auslot 2021 Touring Car Proxy Event: Potential Entry

I have always liked the look of the Scalextric Honda Civic R, and having already got a well prepared (by another) BTCC car ready for when the club championship restarts, I looked around to see if there were any other race series available that I could enter one in, and there was...

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/...car-proxy/

In the world of Proxy, it's not about the location! And there is lots of advice and knowledge share on their forum.

Headlines are: -
Wood/Scalextric Sport tracks
Standard body
23k cap on motor speed
Chassis is free

So have spent the last couple of evening putting a possible entry together, initially to see if all the bits fit together. 

Not there yet...it's quite a narrow car. Have found a couple of issues, but nothing that cant be sorted with a bit of cutting and grinding. 

Will add updates as I progress the build.

I love puttering with gears
[+] 3 members Like BARacer's post

A quick read of  the rules on page1 and it looks like my Megane-HRS is  compliant as-is.  Bigsmile
This might be a "go" for me too. 

Some completely perplexing tuning methods in the top 5 breakdown video.
http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/...ent-286501

Alan.
[+] 2 members Like Nonfractal's post

That's handy. I think there is another interested pom out there as well...

Perhaps share a box and postage?

[+] 2 members Like BARacer's post

(26th-Feb-21, 11:29 AM)Nonfractal Wrote:  Some completely perplexing tuning methods in the top 5 breakdown video.
http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/...ent-286501

Alan.

...and they were the top 5 remember. I'm thinking there are some bits of local knowledge hidden in some of the tech that we need to fathom. For reference, there is a UK entrant in the series from the other forum...

I've created an account on AUSLOT and dropped  few fishing lines into the water. 
Let's see if we can get some information on the upcoming 2021 Aussie Proxies. 

- timelines
- eligibility
- construction rules clarifications 
- processes for rule infringement and correction.
- clarifications on repairs and maintenance during stages

Any other points we should raise? 

AlanW
[+] 1 member Likes Nonfractal's post

The organiser recently had a quadruple heart bypass operation, but is back up and posting, so the timeline might be at large. I think last year's series started in August, but let's see.

Tyres seem to be key...as in, rubber ones seem to wear down and don't last the series, so urethanes rule the roost. 

Looking at the race videos, if you come off, the racing doesn't stop. So need to stay in slot!

And the organiser does seem to undertake repairs to cars if they are required in order to continue in the series, although the closer you are to the front of the grid, the more likely he is to leave the car alone.

[+] 2 members Like BARacer's post

...and to answer your question, I will have another read through the regs.

[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

And I hope 'slotloco' might drop by the thread at some point to offer advice on what we can expect.

Had to get some wheels with narrower hubs in order to tuck the wheels inside the arches...just.

It's all a bit narrow, especially around the pinion.

All good learning...

This is another great proxy, although not as intense as the GT3 proxy, it is fun for learning and testing parts for other proxies.
[+] 2 members Like Brumos RSR's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post