Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Another forum purchase and photograph, this has to be the weapon of choice for the Saloon class.
Magnet removed, wheels spaced out to the edge of the body, front end down in the weeds, original rear tyres trued and the motor pod eased off by less than half a turn and it drives like a dream. Smooth, quiet (just how I like my cars), quick and very stable. I just love this car.
Only other thing I had to do was fish the Mercedes star out from behind the grill before it disappeared completely. It now resides in the ziplock bag of spares taped to the bottom of the case.
Perhaps I need to spend more time setting up the NSR Beemer, as at the moment this puts it in the shade.
(This post was last modified: 20th-Feb-21, 04:46 PM by
Top Down.)
Posts: 984
Threads: 112
Likes Received: 1,307 in 493 posts
Likes Given: 1,247
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Cambridgeshire
(20th-Feb-21, 02:17 PM)Top Down Wrote: P.S. Are the yellow wheels original? So far I've not found any other 125's with them.
The only 125 I know with yellow wheels is the Pirtek version.
I don't know the history of those, as I didn't set them up. But it would appear at some point he must have swapped the chassis over.
•
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK

Thanks. Just curious, that's all.
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
At only $29 US new in the blister pack. And it's in stock! That's always a plus.
I could not refuse.
I just watched the video on tuning your stock 4-gear. Thanks Andy.
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
... and yet more from this Forum's 'For Sale' section, both the cars and photos.
This pair are potentially heading for the next (Spring?) Proxy Rally. Other than removal of the magnets very little work has been required so far, although it looks like the rear tyres may need a little more truing up?
Gut feel is that the Mitsubishi will be more predictable/better handling but as I have no track set up at the moment that's a purely subjective view.
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
They're fine...I'm sure they will be competitive just as they are!
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
I did think twice about tipping my hand here but hey, it's only a game
Posts: 554
Threads: 32
Likes Received: 816 in 362 posts
Likes Given: 197
Joined: Dec 2020
Location burnley UK
hmmm
spring proxy
ninco car
hmmm
4x4 or rear wheel ?
suspension or not ?
sprung guide ?
nc5 or 6 ?
alloy wheels ?
fresh rubber ?
gearing change ?
chassis change ?
lexan interior ?
what is the formula ?
oh what the heck ... just send stock
hehehehehehe
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
I'm with you. All the gear - no idea.
It's just a case of 'run what ya' brung' - or at least, 'what you have, as it is'
Posts: 189
Threads: 44
Likes Received: 249 in 105 posts
Likes Given: 195
Joined: Nov 2020
So far, 2021 cara include
Scalextric -
The Batmobile
K.I.T.T
VW Gulf bus
Jaguar XJS Police car
911RSR 3.0 Jagermeister
2 x Boxsters (thanks Andy)
Die cast I’m hoping to turn into a slot car -
Ghostbusters Ecto1
Scooby Dooby Doo Mystery Machine
Still deciding whether to push the button on a set of Team Slots Red, Yellow and White mk2 Escorts
Not 100% sure I could get away with them considering the others ordered and with the watches I’ve bought recently, paternity leave and lockdown haven’t been kind to my wallet??