Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Cars bought by members in 2021
#31

Another forum purchase and photograph, this has to be the weapon of choice for the Saloon class.  Thumbup

Magnet removed, wheels spaced out to the edge of the body, front end down in the weeds, original rear tyres trued and the motor pod eased off by less than half a turn and it drives like a dream. Smooth, quiet (just how I like my cars), quick and very stable. I just love this car. 

Only other thing I had to do was fish the Mercedes star out from behind the grill before it disappeared completely. It now resides in the ziplock bag of spares taped to the bottom of the case. 

Perhaps I need to spend more time setting up the NSR Beemer, as at the moment this puts it in the shade.

   
[+] 5 members Like Top Down's post
Quote
#32

(20th-Feb-21, 02:17 PM)Top Down Wrote:  P.S. Are the yellow wheels original? So far I've not found any other 125's with them.

The only 125 I know with yellow wheels is the Pirtek version.
I don't know the history of those, as I didn't set them up. But it would appear at some point he must have swapped the chassis over.
Quote
#33

Wavegreen Thanks. Just curious, that's all.  Yes
Quote
#34

At only $29 US new in the blister pack. And it's in stock! That's always a plus.

I could not refuse.

   

I just watched the video on tuning your stock 4-gear. Thanks Andy.  Thumbup
[+] 4 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#35

... and yet more from this Forum's 'For Sale' section, both the cars and photos.

This pair are potentially heading for the next (Spring?) Proxy Rally. Other than removal of the magnets very little work has been required so far, although it looks like the rear tyres may need a little more truing up? 

Gut feel is that the Mitsubishi will be more predictable/better handling but as I have no track set up at the moment that's a purely subjective view.  Bigsmile

           
[+] 3 members Like Top Down's post
Quote
#36

They're fine...I'm sure they will be competitive just as they are!

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#37

I did think twice about tipping my hand here but hey, it's only a game  Bigsmile
[+] 1 member Likes Top Down's post
Quote
#38

hmmm 
spring proxy 
ninco car 
hmmm

4x4 or rear wheel ?
suspension or not ?
sprung guide ?
nc5 or 6 ?
alloy wheels ? 
fresh rubber ?
gearing change ?
chassis change ?
lexan interior ?

 what is the formula ?

oh what the heck ... just send stock  Rofl

hehehehehehe
[+] 1 member Likes OXO cube's post
Quote
#39

I'm with you. All the gear - no idea.  Tease

It's just a case of 'run what ya' brung' - or at least, 'what you have, as it is'  Bigsmile
[+] 2 members Like Top Down's post
Quote
#40

So far, 2021 cara include

Scalextric - 

The Batmobile
K.I.T.T
VW Gulf bus
Jaguar XJS Police car
911RSR 3.0 Jagermeister
2 x Boxsters (thanks Andy)


Die cast I’m hoping to turn into a slot car - 

Ghostbusters Ecto1
Scooby Dooby Doo Mystery Machine

Still deciding whether to push the button on a set of Team Slots Red, Yellow and White mk2 Escorts

Not 100% sure I could get away with them considering the others ordered and with the watches I’ve bought recently, paternity leave and lockdown haven’t been kind to my wallet??
[+] 1 member Likes 964rh's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Henk
6th-Jan-26, 07:37 AM
Last Post by Kevan
3rd-Oct-24, 09:59 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)